June 13, 2007

A Tutorial: Creating Chipboard With The Cricut Machine

WOW!!! Everybody adores Alli-girl, huh?! See, I knew there are people all over the world feeling the same way I do about that woman. She truly deserves our vote. Thank you all for putting in your vote for her - hopefully we'll be able to push her up to the top!!

So today, the weather is pretty nice, with a lil' sprinkly of rain here n' there. But, I promised the kids that we'd go to the pool. So, here I am - sitting at the pool while the kids are bobbing up n' down (my girlfriend is holding the lil one). I totally wanted to post a photo of them, but mento me - forgot the camera battery at my sister's house (charging). So I worked on this tutorial instead.....

Do you love chipboard?! I love chipboard! I love working with it, and using it on my projects. It's sturdiness and thickness takes my projects to a different level of dimension. I also love my Cricut Machine. It does everything for me - except it doesn't cut through chipboard! But wait.... have you thought of using it to create a chipboard instead?! That's exactly what I did!! And look what it turned out like...

8 comments:

  1. Holy cow! You are a genius! I love the way the flower looks - guess cuz I love chipboard. Hmm, I might still have time to order the machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tutorial! Unfortunately, I don't have cricut but if I had one, I surely would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 14, 2007

    Love it sister! So smart you buggah! I did something like this for making a magnet from a stamp image...I stamped the image and then layered it on card stock several times...But now you have taken it to a totally new level...'cause you can cut anything (or your machine can!) you want and do the same thing!!! Cool!!

    Aloha,
    Jus' Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, this card is great, the flower looks fab - thanks for linking your card to the Daring Cardmakers "faking it" challenge this week
    http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Flower, backgrounds, colors -- all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tutorial and I so needed it I have the cricut but rarely use it lately ...Hubby refuses to buy me anything else until I actually use it ...LOL ILL show him ....LOVE This card its Great !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 26, 2008

    merci pour ce tutoriel

    je m'emploie assez souvent a cette technique je la trouve superbe et économique!

    merci de la partager


    anice

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ anice:

    merci pour vos commentaires doux!

    Je suis heureux d'apprendre que vous aimez le tutoriel

    S’il vous plaît revenir bientôt!

    Aloha,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!