June 5, 2007

Sketch Challenge #1

I've decided to have Sketch Challenges Weekly. I'm really doing this for myself, because after doing Beate's sketch challenge the other week, I found that it was much easier to create, since the sketch was already laid out for me. Therefore, I've come to a conclusion that I'd do a new sketch weekly, and challenge myself to do the same sketch, throughout the week.

I invite you to play with me - and if you do, I'll have Sir Random.Org select a winner weekly for some Sweet Candi Pieces (small kine). Yes, the winnings will be fairly small.... maybe a yard of ribbon, or a pack of embellishments..... Just a lil' something to say "Thanks For Playing Along With Me!".



So let the challenge begin!!! Although I'm starting this off on a Tuesday evening - my sketch challenges will always end on Saturday nights. Winner will be announced on Sundays with a new sketch to share. This should be FUN!!!!



Post your creation online, and leave a comment here with a link to your photo. If you do not have anywhere to post your creation, you are welcome to email your photo to me at littlecs7@msn.com.



Here is this week's sketch:








***Card Info: Giraffe is from Cricut's cartridge called "New Arrival" - I used "Polka Dots & Petals" for it's Chocolate Chip spots. Sentiments are computer generated. BG is Cuttlebug's "Swirls" embossing folder. Cardstock are SU!'s Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal, and Ultra White.

If you play, and is randomly picked, you'll win 1 yard of the ribbon featured in the above sample.

15 comments:

  1. What great fun, just found your blog through Allison of cours, isn't she wonderful. It is a great site, and if you don't mind, will be adding you to my blog list and daily stalking log.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! The design is awesome!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this little sketch. I will have some time to play in the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen. . .Great Sketch! I'll play along! Sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for doing these weekly sketches. I am going to try to play along each week. I don't usually make many cards, but having a sketch makes it so much easier! Here is my submission:
    http://cakvd2.blogspot.com/2007/06/hummingbirdorchid-card.html
    Thanks!
    Cheryl KVD

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 07, 2007

    What a fun card, Jen. I love your sketch and used it right away. You can check out my version here:

    http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2007/06/07/jens-sketch-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog, thanks to Allison and Beate, aren't they great. What a great sketch, ans site. I also see you live in Hawaii, I am so jealous. I will work on your sketch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJune 07, 2007

    SUper cute! Great idea with the sketchs. I look forward to playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if I followed your sketch correctly but here is my go at it
    www.flofollies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 07, 2007

    I'm working on it! I'll email a card soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen! Here's my card. You need to scroll to the bottom of the post to see it:

    http://www.stampingspot.com/blog2/2007/06/07/kids-birthday-card/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is my card for the sketch. I hope it is OK. http://creationsbycorie.blogspot.com/2007/06/here-is-my-card-for-jens-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jen,

    Here's the link to my submission for you "sketch challenge"! Thanks for the awesome sketch!

    http://stampinupinspirations.blogspot.com/2007/06/jens-pieces-of-me-sketch-challenge.html

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is my card, great sketch :)

    http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/2007/06/jens-sketch-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!