May 11, 2007

Favors For Chazz' Party

I was really working off my butt like I said I was....here is the favor that I came up with for Chazz' birthday party next week. I cut this out using my Cricut Machine. This one is the "Popcorn Box" from the cartridge called "Tags n' Things"...haha is that what it's called?! I had to go walk over to my craft table, and check to make sure - and I was wrong. It's actually called, "Tags, Bags, Boxes n' More" - I like my title better tho', it's shorter, and easier to remember. As I was saying, it came from my Cricut cartridge called, "Tags n' Things", and I cut it at 5-1/2" - the maximum size that I could cut at. I cut out several others before this one...one was a gift bag, another was a nut cup (what the heck?!), and as I ran both by Chazz, the gift bag looked to "girly" and the nut cup gave him a strange look on his face. Those were out the window. Then I came across this one... he loves the color red, and the box was big enough to place 3 of his favorite candies in it. It also cut out with 1 slot on each side, so I decided to cut a small enough handle to go through there, and then have brads hold them together. I rolled the jumbo "Happy Birthday" wheel twice on the box before assembling, and then used the stamp set Riveting* for the lil' "Thanks So Much" tag. Punched out with my 1-1/4" circle punch, and then punched out a Night of Navy CS using my 1-3/8" circle punch, then layered on there. Ribbon is Navy grosgrain from SU!.


Now I just gotta make 23 more by next week Wednesday (the party is on the 19th - but you know me and my "orginizing skills"...."Early is On Time, and On Time is Late..." - I try to live by this motto - unless of course I want to make a grand entrance! Cha!!!


Oh... on another note - you know, as I was looking through my Cricut cartridges, I found that there is a lot of designs on these cartridges that I have already have on some Sizzix original die cuts. I am seriously thinking of doing away with some of my original Sizzix cuts, cause what's the sense if I already have it on the Cricut right? Plus I can make them multiple sizes, so even more so..... Oh, Please comment and give me your 2 cents on this - tell me your pros n' cons - I know there are plenty out there that have the same stuffs I do.... so what'd ya think?! Can you help a sistah out with your thoughts?!
*denotes retiring SU! stamps this catalog year...

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 12, 2007

    Yikes! 23 more!!! Well, it doesn't look too hard : ) I agree with you - I would get rid of the sizzix stuff & let someone else enjoy it. You'll probably never use it again & you could make some money to "support your stamp habit" haha. The Cricut sounds really neat because it can make the boxes in any size. I think the Sizzix stuff would gather dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should keep your sizzix for now b/c the cricut can't do it all. I think it's great that you can make cuts in different sizes, but each company has it's specialty...I'm keeping all of mines and my QK's too. The more the merrier, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!