January 8, 2019

American Heritage Girl Pen Pal Card

Happy Tuesday All!! Did you know that there is a Christian Alternative to Girl Scouts? Yep... there is, and it's called American Heritage Girls. Here is a card I created for a lil' girl at my church. It is her first time writing a letter to her Pen Pal whom she met through her American Heritage Girls group. Her mom had asked me if I could help make her first pen pal writing experience a fun one, and I was happy to help. 



I looked at the AHG uniform and thought I'd look through my Greeting Farm sets, and see if there were any stamp dolls that had a similar looking outfit. I was so happy to find that "Rosemary" from the "Hatters" set actually had a body that looked very similar to the AHG Uniform. But, her head didn't match. SO, I checked to see if I had the "Cute Scout" set (which is actually inspired by the Girl Scouts), but the uniform on the girl didn't match. SO, I did a head-body swap!  I cut the body off of Rosemary and put it together with the head of the girl in the "Cute Scout" set. This is what I came up with. It was super quick and super fun to create. I colored with Copic Sketch Markers, and just made a simple card with the die cut "Hello" which I got from My Favorite Things.  


Here is a closer look at the head-body swap. As you can see, I cut on the lines to avoid seeing any whites. Just need to be steady with your scissors when cutting, but it is very doable. Take your time, and listen to worship music to avoid unintentional cuts. LOL!!


The DSP that I used on this card is from Doodle Bug Designs. The Inks and Cardstock are from RG Studio 360 (Black) and (Rich Cherry). Thanks for popping in!

#LittleCsCreations808 #TheGreetingFarm #AmericanHeritageGirl #PenPal #Hello #HeadBodySwap #CopicSketchMarkers #DoodleBugDesigns #RGStudio360 #BlackTaffy #RichCherry #LCs1aDayChallenge #LCsDay6


Aloha,
Jen



"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within ME!!!" 
~Psalm 51:10~

1 comment:

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!