September 16, 2018

Day 10 - Sports

Aloha and Happy Monday!!!

I was on Day 10, and got stuck on day 10: "Sports"... lol. I wanted to make a sign for our home, it is a sports sign, and I was inspired to create this sign, because I seen one like it at one of the restaurants I recently ate at. I found an SVG cut that had most of the words that I wanted it to say, and then I altered it to change it up. Here is the SVG file that I purchased:



I altered it to make it our own.... removed and added some lines.... and made it to finish off as a sports theme. I cut this on my Sizzix eClips2 machine. So here's how it turned out:


What this is actually painted on was a box that a frame came in. The box was approximately 11" x 20", so I wanted to add these quirky things we did as a family, and making it more for "us". The thing is, when I stenciled the letters on, and then I coated it with paint, when I peeled off the stencil, the paint peeled off along with it.... leaving me with a negative stencil instead. So here is the paint all in there, ready to be removed... and instead.... next pic...

When I removed the paint, it caused a negative print to happen. So I had to go back and hand paint every letter......

In the end, the results was this... and I was happy the way it turned out. So was my hubby!!


Thanks for stopping by!! Have a blessed week in the Lord!!!


Aloha,
Jen



"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within ME!!!" 
~Psalm 51:10~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!