August 19, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #5

I am sooo late for this post. Sorry, I worked on this late last night, and when I was about to post it, well - them eyelids of mines just couldn't make it. So I thought I'd leave it for this morning. Well, mornings are always hectic - by the time I got back from dropping off the kids to school, it's already 7:45 a.m.... but half way through the day for some of you. So I apologize for this late posting.

On to the challenge... this week's challenge is kinda difficult (i thought). I really challenged myself, but I don't think I did a great job. Infact, I think it's cute - but it's so bleh... The challenge is to do a "Wrap Around Card" - I got this idea from my friend, Jan Scholl, who mentioned it one day on Twitter. It was a challenge on Hero Arts' blog, and I thought that it would be a different and a good challenge. The winner's for HA's challenge did outstanding jobs, and I thought I could or might do the same... LOL!!! I sure fooled myself...

As always, I've asked the LC's designing divas to join me - here are the others that participated this week:

Well, here is what I came up with. Please don't fall off your chair... I think I have to give it another try on this one...LOL!!! The wordings were handwritten by myself and all stamps are of Pink Cat Studio.





Ok, now you've seen what myself and the other's did - now it's your's turn. Create, Upload, Comment with URL, and PLAY!!!! Winner received a $10 Online Gift Certificate to Little C's, and will be announced the same time next week's challenge is posted.

Which by the way means I need to announce the winner from Last Week's challenge!! The winner is Joni Haraga!!! Yay..... Joni!!!

Have a wonderful Tuesday all!!

Aloha,

15 comments:

  1. This card is so bloody cute mate!!!
    I think you aced this one, I luv it!!! Cute theme going on for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! I think your wrap around card turned out fabulous! I love the reoccuring theme. I think mine turned out sucky! LOL! I wasn't feel well yesterday and I was so tired, I just wanted to go to bed.

    I think I'm going to make another one when I feel better!

    Love this challenge! Thanks for giving us this fabulous idea!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I loved Maria's too! Maybe if I can get myself out of this dang funk, I can rise to the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card came out cute, but I know what you mean about not being satisfied with the result. You should call out a Hana Hou to the girls for round #2 now that we have better ideas on how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...your Wrap Around card turned out fantastic Jen!
    Now that I have seen other DT cards, all kind of ideas have popped into my head. I'm going to challenge myself and make another card later this week.
    Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Jen! I think it looks great. And your handwriting, OMG! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how creative love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is great! I love the sentiment, and it's even better since it's handwritten by you. I don't know how to do a wrap-around card, so I'll have to check out a tutorial and give it a shot. I missed out on challenge #4, man it was a busy week! I hope I get to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine
    http://2worldswings.blogspot.com/2008/08/wrap-around-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This wrap is fabulous Jen! Your personl writing is remarkable and so effective! You are so silly not to love this! You rock! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, jen, I'll come up with a BOOK!!!! lol just kidding, it'll be a blast, looking forward to it. Enjoy your order. I know the clearance items shipping was put at last priority, so sorry sweets!! Talk soon
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pirate!!!

    I really had fun with this one, here's my card:
    http://ohbumbleismemargie.blogspot.com/2008/08/little-cs-weekly-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your card is just right! It's so full of imagination! I love love the colouring and the sentiments are super sweet. Congrats to Joni! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I struggled with this challenge until inspiration came in the mail...a new soccer ball stamp. It just seemed like a perfect technique for this stamp. Thanks for the challenge http://paperinkandsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jen! Can you send me an e-mail so I can write back to you? I wanted to purchase this set from your store but I had some questions. dawnef@hawaii.edu

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!