February 22, 2008

A Tutorial: Not Enoungh Ribbon!!

Have you ever cut your ribbon a lot shorter than what you thought you needed?! DOH!!!!! What Now?!?!?!?!


Not to worry... here are few steps (I'm sure there are a lot of you that already know this, but for those that are just starting this funtastical hobby, you might find this amusing!!!!). First.... cut your ribbon into 2 pieces: the first piece a little longer than your project, the 2nd piece is what ever's left over.


Next, apply adhesive to one side of the longer cut of ribbon.


Then lay the shorter cut of ribbon down, going across (like a 90 degree angle), and put the longer ribbon right across the shorter ribbon - adhesive side down. Press down on the ribbon going across, to make sure that it sticks good!!!!

Cut off the excess ribbon, or if you are really anal about wasting ribbon, simply fold the excess ribbon behind the card (this works great if you create card fronts only). Then tie the shorter cut ribbon as usual, and create an awesome looking knot!!


Below are other cards - pretty much the same, but each a little different, all using the "Not Enough Ribbon" technique!



Card Info: TAC Stamp - More Elegant Sentiments T-2885, TAC DS Paper: Rustic Chic V-928, Su Double Stitched Ribbon - Groovy Guava, SU! Ink Pad - Chocolate Chip. To give the cards a "run down" look, I applied my ink pad directly to the cards edge.

Have a great weekend!!!

Aloha,
Jen

17 comments:

  1. Great technique - no waste ribbon now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for explaining this technique! It can be very useful for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reminder Jen! I cut my ribbon too short...MUCH too often...haha! I love this idea and will have to do it soon. I'm sure I have a ton of scraps to use up. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial. These cards are so pretty! By the way Happy Birthday Jen!!! Hope you have a great Birthday & get to do what you want on Saturday...which is today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFS this wonderful tip!! Your cards are gorgeous Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip Jen! Happpy birthday! Gee whiz, I wasn't prevy to this fabulous information! I did not see it in the aloha birthday calendar, did I miss something? My goodness! Have a fantastic spoiled day! Hugs! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. aloha. great tip jen, i'd never thought of doing it that way. another way to salvage is to knot the ends together (not on the card) then cut the circle (so it's one long piece with a knot and 2 tails) place the knot on the card where you want either trimming the tails to the edge or wrapping around a card front. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW -- beautiful card. Thanks for the tips about the ribbon -- no more wasted ribbon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I do this trick all the time! As much as I buy stuff, I hate to waste anything and save every little piece of everything!

    Your cards are fabulous! I really love the beautiful papers that you used and the colors are awesome!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i never thought about this...thanks great tip....Liann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tip Jen!
    I do this quite often...it also
    saves on ribbon.
    Pretty cards..paper..great colors.
    Hope you had a great Birthday!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this information Jen!
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess I'm a cheapskate when it comes to ribbon. I do *most* all my ribbons this way. It saves enough to do an extra card every once in a while. :) I do usually wrap the ends under the mat layer, but I have tried your way of using the tape along the entire strip of ribbon and just cutting the ends off on top, Ms Jen. That works great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOO... I love those cards!!! Awesome design and the paper is so cool!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the ribbon tip! how clever is that? The card is so nice too. Thanks for sharing all of your good ideas with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great timing! I went to make a card yesterday and realized I didn't have enough of the "perfect" ribbon. Then I remembered your tip and you saved the day! Thanks!

    -Krissy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!