June 23, 2007

For My Newest Baby Niece


I love this set - "In The Spotlight" - I've used it create my last 3 projects that I've posted so far. I made this especially for my niece "Eilinah" that was just born to my friend "Indai" Hanilie and her hubs - Braddah Brian, and you all know by now that she named her baby after her, just with her name backwards. Yea, Lei (short for Hanilie) is corny like me. But I didn't think a boys name of "Nej" would've sound good. hahaha.... I wanted to give this card to the little one to welcome her home, and I wanted to give it an "aloha look". I've used the flower from "In The Spotlight" because it kinda looks like a plumeria flower which is common here, to use as a "Lei" - which you present to someone when you welcome them home, or if they are going "bye-bye". Lei is very "aloha" herself - even though she's not Hawaiian... well, most of us here are very "aloha" anyways....it just becomes a part of us. I think she's going to love this card.... I'm not worried about her seeing it on here - cause she's not into stamping n' scrapping, so not to worry - I'm not spoiling her surprise....tee hee!!! I'm mailing out a box of goodies to her on Monday.

Card Info: "In The Spotlight", "I'm Here" stamp sets, yellow brads, gingham ribbon and cardstocks are SU!, DS paper from DCWV, lil' toesies is a cuttlebug mini embossing folder from the "It's A Boy" set. Used my scallop scissors to cut diagonally across my DS paper then pierced with my paper piercer within each scallop.


I'm working on another tutorial....so come back again later, I hope to have it posted sometime by tonight.



Toodles!!!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. Wow Jen you are on the roll today! This card is perfect for my TIC!! I posted it on Stampin Inspirations! I love this card! It's so "baby" soft looking! The DP goes great with the whole design!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love pink and green. Almost as much as pink and orange, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I am sure she will be honored to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! Plumeria is my favorite flower. I was married in Maui and fell in love then. I have looked at this set...I might just have to order it before the deadline ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! Very cute Jen! Love the pinks cause as you know, thats my fave color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sister,
    this is a sweet card!! I need to get rolling on making stuffs too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen.....I love love love this card. The colors are perfect together. The flowers gorgeous!!!! and the pacifiers are way too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!