May 7, 2007

My 1st Joy Fold Card

Hello Ladies... I was stalking Beate's blog the other day (who doesn't?!).... I am always inspired whenever I "hang out" at her place. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm inspired by lots of other blogs out there, but Beate just gets me going - she's like a hip hop rap song that makes me wanna strut my stuff and create, ya know? Doesn't she give you that feeling? I tell ya, that woman, she has a wonderful personality, great color coordination (which I have a heck of a time doing) and super motivation skills that just reaches across the sea to me - that's about 10,000 miles!!! Now, that's SKILLS!!!! So while over at her place the other day, I was checking out her "Joy Fold" tutorial, and seen that she's made several cards this way. I just sooo love it! I had to try it. It was fairly easy, after I did all the cutting, and measuring - and then I had to decorate it. I didn't decorate it elaborately as she did - but I at least got the concept.... because I'm working on my samples for my retirement party - I used some sets that will be retiring this year!






Card Recipe:

DS paper from SU!, Birthday Beauty* & Polka Dots and Paisleys stamp sets, Cuttlebug Mini Embossing Folder (scallop - embossed, then cut out with scallop scissors), Orchid grosgrain ribbon, stapler, CS: Pretty in Pink, Cert Celery, Caribbean Blue, Ultra White. Inks: Pretty In Pink, Black, Lovely Lilac. I cut out her dress using SU! DS paper from the SAB collection this year, and if you look close, her banner says "princess" which I took from the stamp set A Little Love*.

*denotes sets that will be retiring this catalog year (6/30/07).

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 07, 2007

    Cute Card! I really like this fold - really makes your card stand out from the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 08, 2007

    Oh...this is darling! I love the ribbon on the bottom and the colors and papers you used! Gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used patterned paper for her dress and changed the orientation of the card! Awesome challenge card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!