It's 6:15 p.m. Hawaii time... so half of the world is already in never-neverland dreamin' away. The rest of them are still awake reading/writing their blogs... tee hee...
Well - I've got soo much to write about this Sunday evening. Bare with me, and I hope you enjoy this post....
First off, I just wanna say that this blogging is so great - cause it's bringing those around the world together, and it's just so neat how it works. My previous post (Candi Pieces), a local girl from Hawaii posted a comment. She's living in Cali now, so I'm kinda like "family" away from home. So, when you have the chance, go and check her out - her namd is Maria, and she's got some awesome tutorials & ideas - but she's also been a blogger longer than me, so you've probably heard about her already.
I've decided that every Sunday, I'm going to roam around blog city, and check out the other gals that have been stopping by and posting a comment or email to my blog. I did that very thing today. It was like going around the world in 45 minutes. I left lil' messages on pages that I've visited. I had a lot of fun, and it was a change from gazing at my blog, and keep refreshing it to see if there is anybody else visiting, or if my hit count goes up one or more.
Last night, my sistah Corrina stopped by to pick up her swap. This was the 6x6 Recipe swap for
I've opened up my email to questions, and anything else for those that just wanna send something that is on their mind. I'll share with you once in awhile what people ask, and post my comment here as well. If you are choosen - I will send you a tiny candi piece.... I selected this email from Karla of Colorado, cause she asked a question pertaining to Hawaii (I won't select Hawaii questions all the time), but I thought this one was kinda funny....Karla asked, "Jen, I've heard so much about the local's in Hawaii having a 'Pidgeon' accent - what does this sound like - do you make a pidgeon sound, and can you share with us one day?" Here's my answer: Actually, it's not called 'Pidgeon' like the bird, nor do we make a pidgeon sound (what the heck does a pidgeon sound like anyways?), but it's refered to 'Pidgin', sorta like our own language, or more like "broken english". Some people may even think that because of the way we speak, we may be uneducated. But really - it's just another way to chit chat with others. As for sharing with you one day... the next paragraph is a sample of the way we speak in pidgin....enjoy!
Da kid wuz sick today, hanabadda, and coffing kine, an' wuz running 'round da house like he wuzn't even. Wen I went fo' go leave da house, he nevah like just go stay home wit da fadda li'dat. he make me lolo!!
Translating... My baby boy was sick today, and he had running nose as well as coughing. However, he still ran around the house as though he wasn't sick. As I was ready to leave the house today, he didn't want to stay at home with his father. I tell you, this kid drives me crazy!
Ok - nuff of that - but see how we break things down to make a less word type of sentence? Tee hee... send me more questions I loved hearing from all of you. Wether it pertains to crafting or just about me.... Karla - send me your address, and I will send your tiny candi right away!!! (1 question will be choosen every Sunday).
Moving on... my 7 year old neice sent us a "Thank You" card for helping her celebrate her
Here are some other cards that I created today:
A birthday card for my sistah Jane. The stamp is from Penny Black. I dug this one out from my
Sorry, I was long winded tonight. But had to share everything what I did today. "See ya here tomorrow!!!
Cute projects! I just added your blog link to the main list of Splitcoast Bloggers. Happy blogging!
ReplyDelete-Julee T.
Great cards...you are so prolific in your stamping efforts (if I get one done, it is a good day!)...
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog!! My first time visiting! Love all that you have shared--thank you. Love the cards for the troops--WOW!
ReplyDeleteWow! Nice cards Jen! When do you make all these things? I want to join your recipe one but only thing, I don't cook.
ReplyDelete