July 9, 2014

Thinking Of You - Stampin' Up! Peaceful Petals

Good Morning Friends... I pray that each of you are doing well. I woke up this morning to see a message from a friend of mines that her father was in ICU this morning, he was hit by a truck.  Please send prayers. I grew up with this friend of mines. Life is too short. Love your parents unconditionally and in respect... U never know what could happen.  They are taken away too soon... just as children can be. So sad. :(

This year, I've had 3 crafty sisters lose their moms. Breaks my heart to see and read their pain on Facebook.  I wish I could hug each of them.  I pray for them daily, because I know it must be so hard to lose this love of their life.  The only woman that has loved them unconditionally is now gone forever.  I pray that they are in the comfort of the Lord's Holy Spirit.  It could be a very difficult time, and sometimes a time of darkness.  I pray for all of you that may be going through this suffering.  Call out to the Lord... He is your refuge.

I finally had a chance to make a sympathy card.  I need to work on a few more, and send them out.  I don't usually have a stash of sympathy cards at bay, so I usually make them when needed.  When making these, I pray over the person and the family that I am making it for.  My dear friend is hurting.  I know she loved her mother so much. I pray that her days are reminded of beautiful memories of her mother, and to know that her mom is no longer suffering in pain.

Here is the card I made for her....



On the inside of the card, I stamped this scripture stamp from Our Daily Bread. Praying this will give her some comfort.

For my card, I followed this sketch from Boogaboo Stamps - Catch The Bug Challenge Blog:


My card details:
  • Cardstock: Bazzill
  • Stamps (Image and Sentiment): Stampin' Up! "Peaceful Petals" stamp set
  • Rhinestone Brads n' Pearls: Stampin' Up!
  • Butterfly, Tag and Circle Punches: Stampin' Up!
  • Scallop Edge cut with Mini Scallop Shears
  • Chevron Ribbon: Stampin' Up!
  • DSP: Stampin' Up!
  • Scripture Stamp on the inside: Our Daily Bread


I am submitting my card to the following challenges:
Thank you for visiting with me today.  May your day be blessed by HIM!!! 



Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~  

 

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend's Dad, hope he is making a good recovery. Beautiful card with a perfect sentiment... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card, I love the colors and beautiful stamping.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely, I really like the sentiment in it. I hope your friend's dad gets well quickly, we never do know what life holds for us, do we. Your friends are truly blessed for having a friend like you. Thank you for taking the time to share with us at Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty and delicate Jen.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous colour combination and pretty image.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the difference in watercolour and paper!
    Thank you for joining at Penny Black and more! Gerrina, Guest-Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful inking of your flowers...love the watercolour look about them! Thanks for joining in at the opus gluei this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen, this is such a beautiful posting - full of hope and love and belief in God's everlasting love for us and our loved ones. Your friend is blessed to have you in her life and I think this card is going to reinforce for her just how lucky she is and give her solace. You've made such a beautiful, rich and gentle card here and the Biblical verse is a perfect touch, I know she will treasure this card. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei, and I hope that you are able to visit us again and share your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your project so very cute! Thanks for joining in our Stella Says Sketch @ Catch the Bug! Hope you will join us again for our August SSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!