May 26, 2012

Tutorial: Tying a Mini Bow using 2 Fingers

Hello there... welcome to my blog!  I have a tutorial for you today... I don't really know if anyone will find this handy, but I've seen tutorials on tying a mini bow using a fork, and I just don't like that the bows are not plump, they are flat, and so I wanted to try other ways that would make the bows rounders, and thought maybe using my 2 fingers would do the trick, and they did!!  And so, I'm going to show you how I did it!!!  

Step 1:  Wrap the ribbon around your pointer finger and middle finger, and crisscross over each other like this:

Step 2: Take the ribbon on the top, and stick it between your 2 fingers:

 Step 3: Take the ribbon that is facing you, and bring it to the right like this:
 

You should have both ends of your ribbon crisscrossed on one side, and both ends facing up on the other side like this:

Step 4: Now tie the 2 ends together, tightly...  I used my teeth to help me at this step.  

You can make another knot to tighten it, but the flip side of the ribbon will look like this:

Here is my finished mini bow....

Here are mini bows I created in a matter of minutes!!

Aren't they all soooo cute??  I used these on Baby Shower purse favors which I will be posting tomorrow... come back then to check them out and how cute these adorable ribbons add to them, ok??

Have a blessed day!!!  Here's a scripture that I pray will bless your day!!  

Aloha,
Jen

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. The bows turned out very cute. I think they are extra cute since they are in my favorite color. :) I will have to try out your tutorial and see if my bows turn out just as nice as yours. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 28, 2012

    thank you so much. If you wish to save your teeth, I saw this same bow created on a fork. try it for fun too. these are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... my teeth don't work that hard. I tried the fork one, remember? That's why I did it this way, the fork one doesn't turn out as "plump" as I want them to be, they just look like a flat bow, and not one with joy in it. :) Thanks for checkin it out n' commenting! Have a blessed day!!

      Delete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!