Aloha and Welcome to my blog! How was your weekend? Today is a holiday for most people on Oahu, but not my hubby. The boys are home with me, so thought I'd post this early morning, while they are still asleep. I got some playtime on my Cricut this weekend. So much fun! Barb
Anyways on to my project. I am having a hard time typing. Not sure if it is my computer that isn't doing the processing well, or my fingers aren't pressing hard enough. Ugh! But it it irritating that I have to go back to a word to fix it. Ok, sorry! Just had to vent. I've switched to my MAC! Ugh, was getting so irritated that the keys weren't going as fast as I wanted it to. LOL!! Ok, I am better now...
Now on to my project, for real this time.... I created this card by cutting a 12x12 Bazzill Basics Yellow Cardstock in half - which is at the 6" mark. I then scored at 4" and 8" to make this card a tri-fold. I wanted to make a window in my project, to conform with the Friendship Garden challenge. Also, for their challenge, you are not to use any stamp images, so I figured my cricut die cut would be perfect. You can however use a stamped sentiment. :O) Their challenge also asks that the project made for a "new beginning". One of the ladies at church will be leaving to start a "New Beginning" in another state, so I made this card for her.
That was pretty much it in making the card. I was fun and easy to create!! I hope you enjoyed checking it out! Oh! The other challenge I am submitting this project to is the Bitten By The Bug 2 - Frog Challenge. You are to use the frog from the Create a Critter cartridge (if not that frog, any other frog that you have on hand will do - but I do believe it has to be a Cricut frog). This froggie is just too cute!! I wanted to add more embellishments (buttons and flowers), but because there isn't much room on the front of the card, I figured I hold back.
Well, if you are working, have a blessed day, and be thankful that today you have a job to go to, that someone might not have. If you are at home enjoying the holiday, then enjoy the day with your loved ones, and be thankful that you have a day of rest from work!! May the Lord bless you today and always!! We will be cleaning house and vacuuming my car today. Yay!!!
Much Hugs and Blessings,
Jen
No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.
Precious card! I love how he's looking out the window on the front. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!
ReplyDeleteThe lady you made it for will love it. Really like the trifold :) Thanks for joining in the challenge at BBTB2!
ReplyDeleteJen, this card is adorable, and perfect for our challenge! I love the Create a Critter cartridge, too! Thanks for joining us for our very first challenge at Friendship's Garden!!! Becky
ReplyDeleteVery cute Jen!!
ReplyDeleteJust precious! I'm sure she'll be thrilled! The frog is adorable and Ilove the vellum wings. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD
ReplyDeleteThis is SO adorable! I love how you gave the frog texture. I also like that you added the 3D element with the dragonfly, perfect! Thanks for joining us at Friendships Garden.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Carolyn
Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Friendship's Garden, hope to see you again for the next challenge!
ReplyDeleteThat card is just adorable - love the frog and the colors you used.
ReplyDeleteCute, cute, cute. Love the trifold effect to frame the froggie. Thanks for playing along with us at BBTB2.
ReplyDeleteVery cute window frog card. The person you made this for will love it. I adore that little fly!! Thanks for joining us this week at BBTB2.
ReplyDeleteGreat card design! Love the embossing on the frog!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us over at the BBTB2! DT Member Carri
This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Friendship's Garden!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute card, You know I love the froggies so he's extra special because he'll brighten someones day! Cute little dragonfly too and so glad you spent part of your holiday with us over at BBTB2!
ReplyDeleteFroggie ((Hugs)) Theresa
Great card, Jen! Love those critters! LOL ! I loved that you used vellum for the dragonfly wings. The sentiment is too funny. HA HA! Thanks for entering the challenge at Friendship's Garden Challenge Blog.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Dena :)
Super cute card! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the froggie card. It's so cute! Can I have a cup of coffee please? :)
ReplyDelete