August 3, 2009

A Date With My Hubby....


Hello My Friends,

This past Saturday night, my hubby n' I went out on a date. The morning of, I cut off 22" of my hair. I plan on sending my hair off to Locks of Love, so that wigs can be made out of them to hopefully help those suffering from any diseases that causes hair loss. I have about 20" of previous cuts made years ago. I always save my hair in pony tails when I cut them, and I was wondering if LOL would take my previously cut hairs. Sure enough, when I checked their website, I found out that they do take hair cuts from years ago, as long as it is in a pony tail and not chemically changed. So now, my hair goes down to the middle of my back. Very short for me, considering how long it was (which was way pass my okole).

So, this date my hubby and I had, it was planned spontaneously. My mom was and is always so willing to watch my little ones, and it's such a blessing to have her around to do so. Our last date night together was at the beginning of the year, and I can't believe how quick time has flown. It was sooo much fun!! We went to watch the movie "The Proposal" and then we went to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant located in Waikiki. It was so nice to spend time with my hubby.... after dinner, we strolled through Waikiki, and first walked through the Apple store and checked out some of their computer systems. Even stopped at one of the computers, to put up my blog!!! LOL.... We then headed to Cheesecake Factory to pick up a few slices for dessert to eat with the kids, later at home. After a fun romantic evening together, we picked up the kids from my mom's and lived happily ever after.

Here are the pics we took....

Me n' my hubby driving to the restaurant after the movie - while waiting at a traffic light...

Here I am with my short hair.... feels strange that hair is in FRONT of me, as when it was long it's weight kept it behind me all the time. =0) My head sure feels a lot lighter!!!

My sugar-pie hunny-bunch... the man God has blessed me with.
Our dinner... enjoying with a lil' bit of wine...

After dinner, before we went for a stroll through Waikiki.....
Passed through the Apple Store, and posted my blog up on one of the stations.... LOL!!!!
Oh.. and the yummy cheesecakes (all gone by now of course!!!).... this one called Stephanie's Red Velvet Cheesecake (this was my choice, and oh my, my... sooo sooo yummy!!!).

This is the Oreo Cheesecake, which we knew CY4 would love.

This is the Caramel Macnut Cheesecake. My hubby's choice....

The original....


We each took a little bit of each cheesecake and had a yummy time eating them on Sunday!! =0)

May you all have a wonderful n' enjoyable week... be blessed!!!

17 comments:

  1. OMG! I didn't realize your hair was that long!!! I guess cause you always have it in an updo. You guys look so happy to be out on a date. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to be able to give your long beautiful hair to someone who is deserving. Looks like you and your hubby had a great date night. Wish I lived in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that your hair was that long either Jen. Twenty two inches are gone and your hair is still long...at least to me:) Your act of kindness will help to make someone very happy!
    I'm glad to know that you and your hubby enjoyed your date. Awesome cheesecake samples too...they are so rich and yummy looking and the pictures are making me hungry! *lol*
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How simply romantic, Jen!!! Congrats! Perfect ending to a perfect night, sharing cheesecake with your little ones! How simply perfect! God bless you both and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and that was such NICE of you to donate your hair; and act of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds like you and Charlie had a really great (and yummy) date! Love your haircut...can't believe you cut off 22" and still have hair that long! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, Jen...both the date and the Locks of Love donation! That's what I call love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How neat you a donating your hair to Locks of Love.
    I am glad that you and your hubby got to go on a date. Benson and I enjoy our little dates once in awhile too. Your time together sounds so romantic and so much fun. Love all the pictures that you shared- especially the ones of the cheesecake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW girl, your hair was LLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGG! Because it still is long, tho it's short to you! Locks of Love is a great cause!

    Looks like date night was fun! And delicious! It's 7am here and I jonesin for cheese cake now!

    Thanks for sharing your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome date, you and da hubs look so cute! and what an awesome thing to do with your hair! I looked after a girl ( 6 yrs old at the time ) who cut hers to donate to cops for cancer, she had such long THICK strong hair, I never seen a little girl with such locks! My little sweety's is so fine.

    Seeing those desserts has made me hungry!
    Hugs, Fred

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you sistah! I'm so very proud of you sharing a piece of yourself with someone else in need. I can't believe you gave away 20 inches and your hair is still longer than mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, I love your new hair do! I remember when I cut that much off too! Locks of love will really put your hair to good use. It was so healthy & beautiful. Love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Jen you finally cut your hair but it is for a good cause. I really love your new look and I'm sure your hubby agrees. I'm glad you enjoy your hot date. That cheesecakes looks yummy. Did you save me a piece of that Red Velvet Cheesecake? LOL, my fav.


    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh looks like you two had such a sweet date! Love your new hair, looks so good on you! Yummy, now I want some cheesecake, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and Hubby look so cute & happy together! As much as we love our kids, isn't it nice to have a "date" once in a while?

    Whoa sister, look at all that hair you cut off. Someone will be blessed with it, and I LOVE your new sassy haircut!

    Huggies,
    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep we do need those date nights to keep things fresh & alive KWIM!!! Glad you both had a great time & all those different cheesecakes look soooooo yummy!!!!

    You both look so good & so happy! Hugs...Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!