
Hey Sistahs.... this week on
CSAYL,

the challenge, hosted by Sankari was a tough one. We were asked to create a Christmas card using mostly white. The theme was actually called "I'm Dreaming of A White Christmas"...it was tough.... I knew I wanted to add a dash of color in there, somehow - and at first, I was going to make a shaker card. It turns out that I didn't have any double stick foam tape to make my box. I must've thrown my roll out.... so, that's on my next shopping list. =0) Anyways, I came up with this creation. Not that great, in my opinion, but at least I stuck to the challenge. Other Diva's pumped out beautiful creations. You can check them out on the
CSAYL blog. We're on week #23! Can you believe it?! I can't.... I think I better start thinking of the Christmas card I will actually be MAKING for Christmas. LOL....

Well, I hope you can join us on this challenge. It's a tough one, but if you are comfy with working with all white - it'll be a doozy for you!!!
Card Details: Sizzix Emb Folder, Magnolia (I cut her wings off), cut snow hills freehand and added stickles for shine, card stock is a shimmer stock I've had for ages, and then embossed,a nd copics was used to color my image.... I have a tiny bit of stickles on the upper right of my card, because although Ms. Tilda is "dreaming" of a White Christmas, she is also looking at the Star of Jesus!! Of course the glare of my lamp actually excentuated the image.... and what a glow it is!!!
Big Hugs & Good Luck!
Jen
"Not that great"??? Are you kidding me...it's AWESOME! :-) Simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteJen: this is gorgeous!!! lovely card...
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely.It is just like winter in Michigan -sometimes...
ReplyDeleteHugs from Michigan
I love your card. You did good! Love the embossing folder you used and that Tilda is really pretty.
ReplyDeleteI love this card!! How pretty!! I love your take on the challenge!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cathy
Hey girl! Wow, you did a beautiful job with the challenge Jen! It was a tough one. I couldn't help myself. . I added a bit of gold on mine! LOL!
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been sort of MIA on your blog. . .I've been busy with Alexis grad party on Saturday! It was fun!
Love your card. . and that cute Tilda image gazing out in the snow. . .very pretty!
Maria
I LOVE THIS!!!LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS! Simple but has such a punch!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well!
Aloha!
holy damn Gina!! that is super creative the dots background as snow. I'm loving it!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job! That is one hard challenge!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card Jen!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty ... just like she sitting in snow!
ReplyDeletewow - I love this card and the amazing texture with the embossed back ground - very snow-y like...gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! I love the softness and elegance of the card!
ReplyDelete