Birthday Giveaway #7....
- Pink Cat Studio: Lily & Billy Sweethearts
- Magnolia: Darecarlia Horse (she's holding a wooden horse).
- Making Memories: Charmed Phrases (goes great w/the PCS set in this giveaway!!)
- Q&C: Beads

Remember always making up some rhyming in elementary? Of course you n' your friends would come up with some n' then share with others. If you can remember some rhymes back then, share one with me... I used to like the color rhyming... "green, green, gasoline" or "red, red, bo-lo-head", "yellow, yellow - mar-sha-mellow"... LOL.... I can go on all day... ok, so share me some rhymes that you made up when you were a little kid...
Good Luck!!!
**COMMENT CLOSED - GIVEAWAY ENDED**
I never really made stuff up, but I used to jumble rhymes instead...
ReplyDeleteLiar, liar, pumpkin eater! - OR -
Cheater, cheater, pants on fire!
And I used to like saying, "Zanzibar, buck buck McPhate" from Dr. Suess.
Hope this counts!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSkinny, skinny your a ninny! I just remembered that one, don't even know what grade that was when we used to say that one!
ReplyDeleteThe only one I know of right now is Liar liar pants on fire
ReplyDeleteBoys go to Jupiter to get more stupider!
ReplyDeleteAh, youth...
I used to try to rhyme my friends names.I had one friend that called me Jeanna-Jeanna- Jelly-bean-a
ReplyDeleteSo like Amanda Panda, Stacey-miss-Lacy...things like that
The one i remember is winner, winner chicken dinner.
ReplyDeleteI actually did one on the birthday card post! LOL!
ReplyDeleteI said "be there or be square"
We knew a guy name Michael and we used to tease him "Michael, Michael Motorcycle, hit the gas and burned his *ss" LOL!!
Maria
I always had to sell Zippy's Benefit Chili Tickets in Elementary. So my family used to say to me "Jilly-Jilly selling Zippy's Chili". It kinda rhymes!? I used to dread having to go around to my Auntie's & Uncle's because it would never fail one of them, then all of them would be saying Jilly-Jilly...
ReplyDeleteAnd, I remember those bad boys used to only be $4.00 a ticket!!
The one I remember is "Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater!" And the one that is most used is "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" I still hear that one! LOL!
ReplyDeletecriss cross apple sauce
ReplyDeletehana ukulele...peanut butter jelly...momma kiss the baby
Im pretty lame. All I remember is liar liar pants on fire. I am sure after I finish this another one will come to mind
ReplyDeleteSquishy, squishy, little tooshy. I was very grown up.
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Joy Joy
ReplyDeleteI used to annoy my mom with this all the time.
I didn't make it up, but we used to say "teacher, teacher, I declare, I see someone's underwear...might be pink, might be white, might be full of dynamite" and that was usually said when girls crossed the bars!
ReplyDeleteLiar liar pants on fire was the one that came to mind first.
ReplyDeleteBut then there was "know what I mean, jelly bean?"... and "see ya later alligator" and the other person would respond, "after awhile crocodile".
I actually still use "know what I mean, jellybean?" Hey come to think of it, I used "see ya later alligator" just last week.
I don't think we were the inventors of such phrases, but we used 'em all the time! Ha ha ha!!!
hahah we still use see ya later alligator in the house and in a while crocodile.. hehehe well at least the kids get a kick out of it. hehehe
ReplyDeleteBut Liar liar pants on fire is one familiar phrase hehehe.
Then there was this boy who used to tease me back in 6th grade, "JackieLOU, where r U, with scooby doo?" hehehe over and over and over again....because I had such long hair and wasn't in the girly trend of puttin gmy hair up he would constantly say that and call me Shaggy... How sad huh! come to think of it maybe he had a coodie crush on me hahahahahahah....
gosh, I never really made too many up. I just remember saying wakey wakey, eggs and backey.
ReplyDeleteI was working on my bday card and almost forgot. I always liked "see ya later alligator", after awhile crocodile", sure do tennis shoe".
ReplyDeleteI'll have my card posted soon. My camera isn't working right so I'm going to try to scan it in.
later tater!
ReplyDeleteI liked to use the "sch" thingy like candy-schmandy. LOL
ReplyDeletewrakie wrakie,
ReplyDeletehams and eggie.
I always loved"its raining, its pouring the old man is snoring.
ReplyDeleteNanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo :-)
ReplyDeletewow, that was a looong time ago, gotta think...I used to like the color rhymes too!
ReplyDeleteInka-a-bink-a bottle of ink the cap fell off and you stink! This was one where you sit in a circle and bang on each others hands or feet or whatever and knock them out of the circle!
ReplyDeleteThis is so fun except my computer is super dupber slow this evening!
Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com