October 20, 2008

One more for LCWC #13

Hey All...
I wanted to create another card for LCWC #13, and post it here. Tomorrow, a winner and a new challenge will be posted. But keeping to last week's challenge, which was a color combo challenge - I created this card, using a Magnolia stamp called Edwin Playing Guitar. I don't have much of this stamp left, so if you want to get your hands on one, it's better to do so now, since the sale is going on.

On my card, I decided to draw a smile on Edwin. I think it's a little freaky that these lil' ones don't have mouths, kinda reminded me of kids that don't speak, or are afraid to speak..... anyways, adding a little smirk or smile to their faces always adds a little personality, don't cha think?!?

What I used: Dew Drops, Magnolia Stamp, Copic Markers, Glaze (on the guitar), 3 Bugs DS Paper, I drew in the musical notes & smile with my black fine tip sharpie pen, cardstock Bazzill Basic, sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Ok, see ya tomorrow....

Hugs,
Jen

16 comments:

  1. You HOooo. Cute card Jen. Love your coloring. I need to catch the sale before it ends. ayaya ...
    huggies,
    Jackielou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I love the stamps but the no mouth thing makes them look sad to me. I like that you added a mouth. I love all the new Magnolia stamps you've listed! I can't wait to receive my order. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. I don't like the mouth. I prefer them to be quiet. LOL

    Cute layout and color combo! And nice coloring of his jeans and stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your coloring on this card, it is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i knew something was different with him... love that smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God somebody else said what I've been thinking ever since I saw these stamps. I never got the no mouth thing. . .Only you Jen would say it like it is! I love ya for that! LOL Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's a little weirded out by these "otherwise" adorable stamps due to them not having a mouth.
    Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Edwin card. Cute mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Edwin card. Cute mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore Edwin with a smile! Great card Jen! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job on using your Copics to color Edwin. Good idea to add a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, such a cute card Jen!! Very beautiful job coloring the image. . you're really getting good using your Copics. . .you're now officially a pro-Copic colorer!! LOL!

    Great job as always!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree about the mouth thing. When I got a few of mine my husband said where is her mouth or at least a smile? I don't know but really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!