I created a card early on this blog featuring a chipboard snowflake which I created using my Cricut Expression and a little help from my Circut Design Studio. Here's a little tutorial to show you how I did it.
Next I glue each snowflake on top of each other creating a "thicker" piece of die cut, thus creating my chipboard thickness.
By the time I layer on the last die cut, it is already quite thick. Cardstock that I've used here is SU!'s Bashful Blue - one of my favs!!
Now all I need to do is make it glimmer... and I do this by spraying some adhesive on the top of my chipboard, and then adding glitter dust....
When it is all done with, it's a pretty lil' thing like this!!!
Here is my completed card....
Aloha,
Jen
Thanks for sharing, the snowflake is lovely. Happy Halloween to all
ReplyDeletelove your snowflakes but you know what i'm going to say with your cricut already...LOL!
ReplyDeletehope you have a happy halloween!
beautiful card, love the colors
ReplyDeleteWOW Jen...you're just too good!! Such a creative and fantastic card you created! And your colors are well coordinated. AWESOME job!! =)
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeletewelcome to the cricut MB. your cards are beautiful. thanks for the tutorial on layering for a chipboard cut.
Theresa
(all the way in Mississippi)
I really really love this card Jen. You did a super job on it. I love the colors and the layout...
ReplyDeletehuggies,
jackielou
O WOW that is just BEAUTIFUL!! I am going to have to try that tomorrow.. I LOVE IT!!
ReplyDeleteThank U!!!
Your Cricut tutorial is awesome Jen! Now that I have one, I really need to learn how to use it. Too bad that I don't live in Hawaii...all the happenings seem to be in your corner of the world:)
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial and your card is stunning! The color combo are beautiful and your image is awesome!!!!
This card & stamp is just so stunning...luv that snowflake!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Jen, this is just awesome. Thanks for sharing the card and how to make your own chipboard. This is going to come in very handy.
ReplyDeleteVery detailed and informative tutorial. Unfortunately I don't have a Circuit machine.
ReplyDeleteOOO I finally made me some they are BEAUTIFUL!! I tried to cheat and run mine through the sticker maker.. O what a mess. Your idea is the best with the spray adhesive it did beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK U!!!