August 5, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #3

Greetings!!!

It's week 3 of our continuing challenges here on my blog. Scroll down to the bottom if you'd like to skip all this to see who has won LCWC's prize. This week, I've challenged the Little C's DT's to create or rather, alter something that is found laying around their house. Just so happen that the other day, Cy finished up some cashew nuts in this cashew nut can. So I immediately knew that I wanted to use this as the product that I will alter for this week's challenge. But what to make? It's so easy to just cover, and say, "I Pau"... LOL, but I wanted to add a little bit of fun to this challenge. I made my lil' Cy boy a coin bank with it. Here's how it turned out... I used the Lil' Fire Chief and Sparky (last wk's prize) stamps by High Hopes. The DP is from Whipper Snapper, and reversible. I cut the images out, and cut the intricate spaces with an Xacto knife. I colored with my Copic Markers, and added some shading with them as well. For Sparky, I added him to the bank with dimensionals, so that he is 3D! For the coin slot, I actually used my SU! Window Word punch on the DP first, stuck it on the cover, and then used my Xacto knife to cut out that section of my plastic cover. Was pretty simple. I then took a brown sharpie pen, and wrote in Cy's name on there. He doesn't know that I made this for him, just yet. I've added it to my box of samples. I'll have to give it a few days before I had it over, because you all know how long that it's going to late looking like how it does now.

Here is a photo of all the Copic Markers that I've used.

Now more photos of different angles of this altered project:


Check out these altered projects created by some of the other Little C's Design Team Members:


So you wanna try out this challenge? Of course you do, right? Ok, so go on, create, and post online. Come back here, post a comment and link to your creation, it's that easy. There's a prize for the winner that is randomly chosen via Random.Org. The winner will be announced next week on the same day that I post a new challenge. The winner will receive.... drum roll please.... 1 pack of Queen & Company embellishments... waaahooo!!!

Oh yea, and the winner of LCWC #2's challenge was Tracy. I have your deets dahling.... thank you all for playing. What fun this is, and I am glad to see that it is putting everyone's creativity to work!!! Good Luck on this week's challenge!!!

Aloha,

22 comments:

  1. How adorable this is. You are certainly on a roll!!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen this is so cute! I bet your son loves it. This is funny because I just washed out a container that I am wanting to use. Your giving me ideas, thank you girl!
    Hugs,
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is so cute, I saved some containers but had no idea what to use them for, thanks for the great ideas! As always, your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very cute project !

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this!?!? I am sure he will love it. :0)

    And thanks so much for pulling my name, Jen! Woohoo!!

    I am off to check out the DT's samples...and to get my thinkin' cap on too. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, luv the detail & good idea using the window punch!

    Congrats Tracy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sister, I just LOVE this cute bank for Cy-cy!! The images are super cute and oh my! all of that cutting!!! Can't wait for next week's challenge!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive. I love the spam one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute bank Jen. Congrats Tracy! Glad Sparky is going to a good home!

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, we must be on the same wave length. I just covered a slim jim canaster for someone special. can't say cause then she'll know before she receives her happy mail.

    ttfn,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK! I am on it this week! There's this juice mix container that needs altering... And I NEED a place for some of my extra copic markers... WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute project, Jen!! I love the boy images from this brand. The images are so darn cute. I love your altered projects. . .too bad we don't eat peanuts much but maybe I'll buy one just for the container!! LOL! Great job on your coloring!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super duper cute Jen! When I get my life back in order (say mid-September), I will try one of your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cute bank, Jen, and I love the stamp you chose and the lettering for Cy. Almost finished off a can of nuts - can't throw anything away now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - that is gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Gina Wrona: "Stick it to the slim jim"... LOL!!! I love/hate that commercial... he's got such a raspy voice... grrrrr

    @ Angie: Can't wait to see it, girl!!

    @ Maria, Allison & Mrs. Adept: Thank U!!!

    @ Charlotte: Yes Char... don't throw anything away!!! Eat all those nuts tonight, and make something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You bet'cha!

    Everbody in my house eats them except me.

    ttfn,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been waiting all week for a scrap of paper, the perfect paper for an altered item and it never came, so I'm out this week, good luck everybody, I'll post when I do make it, just to see, hopefully monday!
    hugz all,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had lots of fun doing this challenge!! All the other altered items are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Jen, forgot to send the attachment to my blog, Here it is:
    http://inkedinspirations.blogspot.com/2008/08/lcwc-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow.....Jen your project is super duper cute!!!!!! I love the images and the paper is super cute:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!