Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. We kept quite busy. Before I go on telling ya what we did, here is the card that I created for my father in-law, as he celebrated his birthday this past weekend. I wanted to try out this technique I learned back when I was demoing for SU! I THINK this technique is called "Spot Coloring". It's when you color only a section of your main image kinda spotlighting that lil' section. Well - to do this, you stamp your image on the card stock that you will use for your card - do not color. Stamp your image on the same type of card stock, then punch a section of the image, and use another punch slightly larger for the layering. You then coloring in your lil' image
On to our weekend... on Friday, we hung out at home. Went up the street to the park at around 8:30 p.m. to watch the fireworks around the south shore of Oahu. We were able to see 3 shows at once - unfortunately, it started to rain on us. Fortunately, we weren't stuck in 2 hours of traffic after the show, like everybody else that
Saturday, we headed to the water park again. This time, CY3 was able to come with us, so I was able to take a few pics - very few, just 2!! Later we came home to BBQ with CY3's brother and his family. It was a nice evening. I didn't take any pics.
On Sunday, we BBQ'd AGAIN!!! Why? Well, as I mentioned earlier in my post, it was my FIL's birthday, so it gave us reason to have a BBQ. The boys decorated grampa's cake (yea, I purposely spelled that wrong), I think
I hope you all have a great week!!!
Toodles!
I LOVE this card an technique!
ReplyDeleteThat cake looks yummy too... :-)
Hey Jen...that spot technique is very cool! Gotta give it a whirl sometime. (whoa, u had a busy but fun weekend, yeah!)
ReplyDeleteYou had a busy, busy weekend but at least it was with family.
ReplyDeleteAwesome card...the spotlighting is perfect and here! And the coloring rocks!
ReplyDeleteAloha Jen,
ReplyDeleteMMMMMMMMMMMMMM that cake looks yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!
MMMMM, you kinda put a "spot light" on the light house, eh? Cool!
((Hugs))
Gina