July 17, 2008

So Sassy!!!! & Sweet Candi Pieces Giveaway!!!

UPDATED!!! - Sroll down to see TAC stamp set that I am giving away...

How's this dog... she's so sassy, ya?! With her Coral Cameo fluffs, LOL!!! When I see this stamp, that's all I can think - that this is a sassy dog, full or grace. Kinda reminds me of myself.....NOT!!! I am sooo not graceful - LOL!! But before I go on n' on, let's talk about my card. The stamp came from Pink Cat Studio's "Dog" set, which can be purchased through Little C's. The sentiment is from TAC. You know, I really fell in love with TAC's sentiments. I always thought that they made different sentiments from everyone else out there. Now, check out the embossing on my BG. I got this idea from Sue Nelson of Heart Prints. I was reacquainted to her blog by Mama Wini. I love the way Sue uses her Cuttlebug embossing folders, she's got a lot of great ideas, and I just had to try them out for myself. Real easy, and really fun to do. The lines going across are from using my scor-pal. So, check Sue's web out, you will see what I mean.

Back to my card.....I'm creating some sample for my class on the 26th of July. And no, I didn't think up what projects to make yet. The class is CLOSED though, and so is ordering of kits. I've got a decent amount of attendees, and looks like we're going to have some fun. =0)

Now for my Sweet Candi Pieces giveaway.... hmmm - well, it's because I've reached 80,000 hits!!! Holy Cow, eh? I'll be giving away a TAC stamp set - I dunno, something I "earned" throughout the year, dunno what yet - I'll be back with a pic. (UPDATED: Photo of stamp set has been added - here it is). In the meantime... well, what do you need to do to get this free rubbah? Hmmm... ok, post a comment here, and tell me what your favorite thing about stamping is. It could be a technique, a color, or the way it makes you feel. Just say whatever. Ok, Good Luck to the winner!!!

Hugs,

46 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    hi jen,

    cute card! that poodle is a diva within herself. :) and you are too!

    i'd have to say that my favorite thing about stamping is all the new friends i made. i don't know if we'd cross paths if it weren't for what we love. its truly been a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about stamping is the chance to be creative with a project that can be completed in a rather short time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card too!!! The little dog reminds me of my 10yo 'sassy girl"!!!

    My favorite thing about stamping is that it relaxes me...I kind of go into a 'different world' when I stamp...and believe me I get upset when someone interrupts me!!! But I love it, it is relaxing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your hits on your blog :)! I love reading your blog, it is great :)! I would have to say that I love to stamp, because I get to have "me time" when I stamp. It relaxes me, enables me to get some down time so I can go back to my family rejuvenated. That and I get to stamp with some really great people :)!

    Hugs,
    catherine
    www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com
    catlevy@easlink.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Jen! Your blog is just getting better & better! I love stamping because of the way it makes me (as well as others) feel - especially when someone tells me they keep my card where they can see it because it meant so much to them. A humbling experience, but exciting to know that I can encourage others thru homemade cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I love about stamping , the freedom to create, thanks Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    Congrats on your hits. Your card is so cute. My favorite things about stamping is the fun of creating something unique and the friends I've met that love stamping also.
    JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    I think it's the way it makes me feel. It's a little escape - a chance to create, be "me" (not mom, not wife) or get together with my friends for some much needed girl time.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your adorable animated candy jar!! :) Wow...what a loaded question to answer-- as with most, I think my favorite thing about stamping is the "high" I get when I've accomplished a card and love it so much I want to frame it and keep it, but then what good is that right, I can always make more, but Love isn't complete until you give it away right? (Cliche, I know!) LOL. As far as the actual stamping goes, I am so IN LOVE with the sketch challenges--addited I should say. OR, could it be my new-found *inner-child* love of coloring those adorable images! That's pretty fun! --especially with those FABULOUS Sarah Kay, Magnolia, Papilio stamps... Ok, THOSE are pretty HIGH up there on my FAVORITES of stamping. (hmmm, wish I actually OWNED some of those stamps, heehee). So far I have received some of those images from a blogger friend, but am saving my money to buy some of the *rubbah* as you would say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I luv these poodles & your card is awesome as usual!!!
    I luv the joy it brings me when I see the happiness on peoples faces when they open my cards. It makes me so happy to see that they appreciate the love that went into making that card for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    Hi Jen,
    I love all your cards that you share - they are so much fun!

    My absolute favorite thing about stamping is giving my cards away. I always try to tailor my cards to the recipient and I have several (my dad and dad-in-law included) who always look forward to their homemade cards they receive. That's why it's so fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card. Wow, 80,000, I don't think mine will ever reach that much. I just love looking at my cards when their finished. Hope that doesn't sound snooty, it's just a nice feeling of accomplishment when it's all finished and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable Poodle Jen! They do have such the attitude! Yummy give away! My favorite aspect of stamping would be the sheer joy of creating abd sharing the love! Hope I get real lucky! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great poodle card, Jen! I have to say my favorite thing about stamping is the feeling of accomplishment after I finish a project that turns out well. When I can sit back, look at my creation and smile, that's what I like. I also love when someone gets something I've made for them and they really like and appreciate it. That makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card! I loved the set when I first saw it!

    I love to stamp because its a great creative outlet. When I'm overwhelmed or stressed, being creative with stamps eases some of that stress and takes me some place oher then where I really am!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    Cute card!! My favorite thing about stamping....all of the above. I have always been a crafter, but never stayed with one thing too long. Until stamping and paper crafts came into my life. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute card and look how "stuck up" the poodle looks!!!! I love this image and your class will have a great time with their creations:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Sassy doggie came out CUTE! I just LOVE that set!!!

    Ok I wanna win some sweet candies YUM! My favorite thing about Stamping is..coloring specially with gamsol it rocks! makes me feel like an artist haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. MY favorite thing about my new hobby of stamping is all the new folks that I've met along the way. Those that have inspired me...those that have made me laugh. Even those who have ticked me off. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    Card and the maker are a good pair - so sassy - no wonder you hit 80,000 so soon. 100,000 will be there in no time. Congratulations, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJuly 16, 2008

    My favorite thing about stamping is getting all the yummy papers, inks, stamps and ribbons and creating something that makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the 80,000!!!! Whoo!Hoo!=)
    My favorite thing about stamping is being able to do something I love and sharing it with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  23. First of all Congrats on your 80,000 hits!!! Your card is so sassy good lookin'!
    What I enjoy most about stamping is seeing the recipients face and reactions when they receive it!
    It also brings joy to me !!
    Thanks for a chance to win Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    Congratulations on the large number of hits to your blog. I enjoy seeing your post iach morning. My favorite thing about stamping is the joy I get from coming up with an idea for a card and seeing it come to life. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, that's a lot of hits! Congrats! As for stamping, it is so hard to pick a favorite thing about it. I guess my favorite thing about stamping is the versatility it give you. One stamp can give you unlimited possibilities especially with all the tools and techniques out there. I am never bored with stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    Congrats on the hits!!

    What I love the most about stamping is being able to make a card to give and brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the sense of accomplishment when I finish a project! Thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW TAC stamps! I want that sweet candy! I love to stamp, cuz I can leave reality and go to my creative corner. I really enjoy seeing someone smile when they received a personal card or projects. All the money and time you spend on it makes it all worth while. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations on all your hits!! Totally deserved. And thank you for this opportunity. I don't have any TAC sets yet. Would love to try them. My favorite thing about stamping is just that I LOVE making something myself to give away, and it has almost instant gratification. Not like some of the other crafts I have worked with, which take more time to create a WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I totally know this one! I draw like craaaaaap! Stamping gives me adorable, perfect images, that look professional, no matter what you are making.
    Now, just to work on my coloring skills.....
    Mahalo Jen!!!
    Huggity Hug Hug Hug,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aloha Jen,

    AAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwwh, too cute!
    I guess poodles are more sassy than labs, eh?

    Ok, for your sweet candy, my favorite thing about stamping is creating something out of nothing and the most favorite is all the people in person and in cyber space. If it wasn't for blogs/email I wouldn't have met and gotten to know all the people I do over the years.

    ((hugs))
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on 80K!! That's a lot of hits! My favourite thing about stamping is that it makes me feel creative and I'm one of the least creative person that I know!! Most of my things are "copied" but it's always amazing to me when I make a card and it looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  33. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    I love buying stamps. I stamp out the images and then give them out to my friends and students. My friends loving getting my envelopes in the mail of stamped images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    Hey Jen,
    The card is just darling!! The thing I love about stamping is how you can personalize the card or scrapbook page for the person receiving it. I also love all the bling, fancy tools that you can get to go with your stamps, like glitter, rhinestones, cuttlebug. Congrats on 80K hits and thanks for the opportunity to win. Now go out there and pick my name!! LOL

    Debbie M. - Mesa, AZ

    ReplyDelete
  35. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    Hi Jen!
    Congrats on hitting 80,000!
    My favorite thing about stamping is
    we get to be 'creative' w/the design of the card and each one can be a work of art. Also, for me, its the stamping friends that I've made sharing this wonderful hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  36. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    My favorite part about stamping is that it helps me to relax and is cheaper than therapy. While I am stamping I am often too busy concentrating on being creative that I don't have time to think about the everyday stresses of life.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I keep telling my husband that stamping is much cheaper then a therapist!
    Other then just the pure simple fact that being creative is fun, I just love to "zone" out and relax!

    Thanks for the chance at some candy and more so congrats on 80,000 hits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ha just went back and read the comments...I guess Colleen (the above comment) and I have some things in common!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats on the hits girl!!!

    I would have to say my favorite thing about stamping is that it is the only "me" time I get. It's the time that I'm still a wife and mommy but at that moment I am just creating something to make me (and later someone else) feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's all I can do and also all that I enjoy since I've been housebound on my oxygen machine. I miss participating in groups, I am going to try again! I'm happy to be learning and seeing lovely new looks and supplies!!!
    I am trying to have my DH help me arrainge the h ouse so that all of my things are UP HERE for me, as messy as it will look, otherwise I'll probably sit in a chair and become fat and stupid!

    I miss seeing people in person, and I'm just just into finding blogs and I love them, yahoogoups seems rather dead or slow.

    Thanks!
    Donna
    donnalb@newsguy.com


    OH trying to find things that I can use for techniques that are safe for my lungs, no solvents powders, heat etc for me.

    ReplyDelete
  41. AnonymousJuly 17, 2008

    My favorite thing is just to be able to stamp and listen to music and play with different colors and techniques,just let it flow. I even loose track of time when I really get invovled in what I am doing.

    ReplyDelete
  42. My favorite thing about stamping is all the wonderful friends I have made through this business. I have a whole group of lovely friends that I get together with a couple of times a year and we have a fabulous time. Plus there are all the nice on-line friends like you that I've made and that's a great thing for me because girlfriends around here are pretty thin on the ground. I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I hadn't discovered stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  43. First of all you card is so darn cute! Love that poodle!!

    Secondly, congratulations on your 80K hits!! Whoohoo! Getting close to the 100K mark!

    Hmmm, what do I love about stamping. . .it keeps me preoccupied. It's like my "zen". I like seeing what different stuff I can come up with!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cute Card Girl!

    I would have to say my favorite part about making cards, is giving them away to people who TRUELY appriciate them! Some people just are so in LOVE with a handmade card and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. congratulations!! love your site

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hey Jen! My favorite thing about stampin is meeting people like you! You are the best! Hope you and the family are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!