Good Morning Crafty Friends all over the world!!! I have been dying to start up my weekly challenges, so today is the day to do it!!!! I will be using sketch layouts, color combos from other blog sistahs out there - mostly because I don't want to think them up myself (save me a step), and then just any idea that I want to use as a challenge to you out there. My challenges will be on every Tuesday, and ends on Sunday, with the
So - here we go!!! Here is the 1st challenge... create your project (Card or SB page) using this sketch provided by Maria, of Stampin Inspirations and Card Inspired. Click on Maria's sketch above, if you'd like to see the sample she created.
Here is my sample of using Maria's sketch... I used card stock that I had on hand, DP is from SU!, and I used the High Hope stamp called "Precious Cargo", which can be found here. Image was colored with Prismacolor Pencils. Sponged the edges on some of my layers, and used the paper piercer for piercing holes through the DP.
Now check out these samples created by these Ladies of Aloha, using Maria's sketch:
- Jean Cox - Stamping Spot Studio (CTMH Demo)
- Teri Suzuki - Big Ideas From A Little Girl (SU! Demo)
- Maria - Stamping Inspirations (she worked on ANOTHER one!!!!)
It's your turn! Create a project using Maria's sketch, and post to your blog, a gallery or anywhere else on the net. Then leave a comment here with a link to your creation. For uploading to FREE and EASY galleries, try Bubble Share or Photo Bucket. These are 2 of my favorites that are super easy to use, and the best thing is that they provide you with the url addy to your photo.
Can't wait to see what you create!
Thanks for playing!!!
Don't think I'll have time to play girl - but I LUV your sample! Talent - talent - talent
ReplyDeleteHey Jen!! I've NEVER entered a challenge, but if YOU'RE doing one....
ReplyDeleteNot sure if my blog is going to be a hit, lol, but it is there for me to post my entry to, or I wonder if I can link you right to my CTMH art sample page, cuz I'll be using all CTMH product. I bet I can! OK, so I'll have somethin by Sunday. OH and is it going to be the same prize (stamp) every week or is that just this week's prize (jeez I feel like that's a dumb questions! hee hee) K, hugz 2 ya!
Oooh, Jen! Your card looks ADORABLE!! I love what you did with the baby. . .all shimmery and stuff! The ric-rac looks awesome too!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job following the sketch. It's really fun to see what others come up with!
I posted my challenge card on Stampin Inspirations!! Whoohoo!
Maria
So cute, Jen! I will try and play along either tonight or tomorrow...stay tuned! ;0)
ReplyDeleteAloha dahling,
ReplyDeleteWow, what a marvelous challenge.
Isn't technology great? I can't believe it, we were able to chat/talk like no tomorrow. Mahalo!!!!!
((hugs))
Gina
I just love this image!! Your card turned out super, super cute!! So sweet! Thanks for the sketch, it was a fun one! Can't wait to see what everyone else is doing with the sketch!! Will check back tonight!
ReplyDeleteOh yay! More challenges! I love challenges! I hope I can find time to do this!
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely hop on over to my blog! Maybe you can use some of my sketches! hehehehe :D
http://scrappin-a-rose.blogspot.com
I can't wait!
I swear this is one of the cutest cards I've seen from you! It is absolutely amazing! The detail is incredible! Best, Curt
ReplyDeleteAlthough I don't have a blog, it's nice to see what others created.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!
This is my take
ReplyDeletehttp://2worldswings.blogspot.com/2008/07/card-for-challenge.html
Cute cute card Jen!! Love the color combo on this. Pink makes it perfect!! =)
ReplyDeleteHere is my entry Jen! Fun!
ReplyDeletehttp://mistyleach.blogspot.com/
OH I LOVE challenges! I will def. enter some YAY FUN!
ReplyDeleteby the way you have a little suprize on my blog :o)
Hugs,
Valerie
Cute card! Sorry mine got posted late. Love the ric rac!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute card Jen, I love your image and the ric rac is so cute! I'm working on something right now and will post it tomorrow:)
ReplyDeleteOh gosh...this one is off the cuteness meter! Love the image (and the coloring)...I will see if I can play!
ReplyDeleteOh fun! I love sketch challenges! I'll play along, I hope. I'm gonna try to get it done by Sunday.
ReplyDeleteDarn! No time to play this week.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your card! That giggly baby in his glittery blanket! PURE cuteness. I played (and finally remembered to come back & add my link) Thanks SO much for the great inspiration. Maria's sketches are works of art & your card is sheer delight. Here's my take on Maria's sketch :0) mel
ReplyDeleteMe and my friend Trish got together yesterday and made a card with this awesome sketch here is the link http://pixiedreamdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/07/yet-another-fun-thursday-stamping.html
ReplyDeleteI love challenges! and I can't wait for the next one.
Thanks & Hugs,
Valerie
Here is my take on the challenge....
ReplyDeletehttp://tinchudesigns.blogspot.com/2008/07/jens-weekly-challenge.html#links
Have a great weekend!
Tina
I finally got the chance to play along! Here is mine, Jen.
ReplyDeletehttp://tracyshappyplace.blogspot.com/2008/07/proud-mommy-moment.html
Your card is so nice, Jen! I'm definitely going to try to participate in these challenges. I need some help creating stuff. Take care!
ReplyDeletehttp://alohanmabuhay.blogspot.com/2008/07/su-always-with-lcwc1.html
ReplyDeleteI said I'd do it, and I did! Yeah, yeah, it's last minute, but under pressure work is sometimes the best kind! right? LOL! Well, here's a link to my card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/998537?cat=500&ppuser=148552
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!