February 17, 2008

I did it!!!! The last 15 pages....



Tee hee....as you can see... I was able to complete the rest of my pages within 3 hours. I used the entire 3 hours to it's fullest too!!!! I bet you're wondering how I did it, huh?!

Ok, well..... here's what took place - at 7 a.m., I decided to cut out all my pages (to 8x8) and do the layouts. I had no idea what kinda layouts, but as I cut the pages, ideas were going through my head. I used a set of pastel card stock of SU! that I had, and with the remaining card stock from a 12x 12, I used them for the photo layouts. I grabbed a bunch of ds paper that I thought would look great in a baby album, and just threw it on a page where ever I thought would go great. That took up the 1st hour. At 8 a.m., I went and cut out all the die cuts I wanted to use, while doing that, the ideas of embellishments were tossing around in my head. Ribbons, ribbons, ribbons - that's what I kept thinking. I used my Cricut for all the die cuts, made the sizes of what I wanted, and flipped where ever needed. The giraffe needed some spots - well, guess what?! I only had 1 ink pad around me, and no stamps (I was in the living room). I thought, a dauber would be good right now, but I was too hyped to stopped what I was doing, and go to the room to get it. So - I used my finger!!! If you look closely - you'll be able to make out my finger prints. By the time I was done with the cutting and pasting of die cuts on the pages, it was already 9 a.m.! I then went to the room, and embellished the pages... ribbons & buttons. Kept it limited, and to save time - I used ribbons that were self-adhesive. When I was done with adding the ribbons, it was 9:30 a.m., then it was time to wrap it, grab a card from my stash, write a note - and then get ready!!! We were out the door by 10:15 a.m.!!! We had a great time at the party.... I'll be blogging about it on my family's site... but for now, I think I need to catch up on my rest. It's been a very long long weekend!!!! Will share with all of you in the next few days!

Have a wonderful evening...

15 comments:

  1. You are AMAZING! Way to get in the zone girl. I'm sure she loved the album...although she'll never imagine what it took. LOLOL

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, wonderful pages in such pleasant colors! You are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you sure like to work under pressure. I'm sure the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen can't believe it !
    Just you can pull this out , I'm tired just to think, at first I can;'t think so early :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly IMPRESSED!!! WOW you ROCK -- these are just FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never doubted you, these pages are great, what a wonderful book, she will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness,those are so adorable!! Isn't she a lucky girl,to receive this album!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang girl! You were on the roll! If it was me, I would be seriously distracted and it would probably take 10 hours for me to finish up!

    You are good! Well, I love all the pages and the recepient will definitely be happy!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOOO.... awesome and so inspiring!!!! Girl, I just can't keep up with you!!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW..Jen these are so Beautiful..
    Adorable..Outstanding..Fantastic..
    Such a thoughtful gift!!!
    Great Job!!!
    I love it!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rock on scrappin' queen! Great job Jen! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a project. great job love all the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These layouts are awesome Jen....you did a fantastic job!
    malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Knew you could do it girl! These are awesome pages, I luv them! I'm sure she loved this album! Great job as always!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!