October 13, 2007

Simply Sweet Saturday - A Gift Log


Happy Saturday All!!!! I have a session today, creating this cute tablet... here is a sample, and because it is a simple creation - it's perfect for my "Simply Sweet Saturday" theme. This is basically a composition tablet, covered - somewhat like a huge card. DP is TAC, and stamp is Whipper Snapper. I have 6 ladies attending today, and each one will have a different covered DP tablet, as we are using the DP from TAC's Merry Wishes paper kit. I used SU!'s Tab Punch for the "To" and "From" tabs. I used TAC's Level D Hostess Alphabet Set to stamp the word "joy" on the bottom of this tablet. ETA: I used Modge Pod for this entire project. Mono Adhesive was NOT used at all. The Modge Pod held everything together, just fine. Also - the edges were hand cut, not punched with the corner rounder punch. Any excess paper was sanded down with a sand block. This tablet is actually a "Gift Log" - I make a gift log annually. Most times, I use it for Christmas - sometimes, I will use it all year long, for Birthdays, Picture Giving, Easter, etc., etc., it's a simple way for me to keep track of gifts I gave and received. Why?!....Well, I have sooo many family members, friends and kids in my circle of connection, it may happen where I give someone the same gift twice... or in the case of "receiving things"... one year, I gave someone a gift... the next year - it came back to me! It would've been ok if it wasn't the EXACT SAME gift back (the one I actually gave her)!!!!! hahaha... and the only reason I remember this, was because it was written in my log, of course it looked familiar when I opened the package - but when I ck'd my log, and confirmed that I gave this person that particular product.... what a hoot!!! I think she needs a log too!!! hahhaha....

Have a great Saturday - I'm off to set up!!!

Jen

9 comments:

  1. Ha! Too funny. I have a cousin who is a cheapy and she would save all the gifts that her daughter received that she didn't like and give them out as gifts to other people. I don't know. . .is that bad? I think so but maybe lots of people do that. I know I don't. Do you do that?

    Love your composition tablet. The design is great! Great idea to keep a log. I really don't worry about it now that we moved to California. . .all my relatives and friends either send money or Zippy's food pack! Seriously. . .my family in Hawaii, would all pitch in and send us a large package of Zippy's stuff! Shipping of the package runs over $50 even for a small package (overnight shipping in dry ice).

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I never heard about to give back what you already win kkkkk
    But I think this a great idea to control raks and thank you cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea - can also use it for controlling funeral/weddings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! You are the "Miss Aloha Craft Queen"! Love the cute story too! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too cute and what a fantastic way to keep up. I just entered Allison's B & W contest, and keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute log and a great idea Jen!
    Malieta:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome idea! Thanks so much for inspiring!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!