ETA: Questions Asked....scroll down to bottom of posting....
I am totally loving all of the submittals that everyone is sending for the unscrambling of words of the previous post. You are all doing a great job, and coming up with some funny words too. Keep them coming - you all crack me up!!!
Oy Vey... this post is for those that want to save on space, and that is ME, ME, ME!!!! I met up with one of my girlfriend's, Gina Kusao, and she shared this info with me. She and I are both collectors of tons n' tons of stamps, and we both don't ever want to get rid of them (by reselling), so we build up on our collection, and keep on buying and building. Anyways, I had tons of wheels that filled at least 1 drawer full.... ugh!!! I want to buy more... but then the drawer would over fill... ho hum... anyone with this problem?
Along comes Gina girl... she goes, "Jen, just take the rubbah off the wheel"... I say, "WOT?!", she goes, "Yea, das what I did... take 'em off, and now I use 'em more!!".... {{{I had a blank look on my face.... wha chu mean? I stay thinking.... }}} she goes, "take off the rubbah, and put the cling foam on... it's dat easy!"... {{{me: smilin'... smirking... jumping for joy!!!!}}} "I going home, and do 'em right now... and den share wit da gurlz"...
Thanks Gina for sharing this with me... I am eternally grateful - and now, I'm sure other's will be as grateful as I am of you... YOU ROCK, Sistah!!!! And now, here is how Gina told me to do it:
Cut at the seam... I cut twice, just to make sure it goes all the way through the rubbah....
Now, peel off the rubbah.... it EASILY comes right off!!!
You'll see some guck left on the wheel, and some might even be left on the back part of the rubbah too - but not to fear, that doesn't affect your stamp at all. {{{Yikes!!! Looks like I didn't clean off this stamp very good after my last use!!!}}}
Now attach the rubbah to your Creative Cling Foam - just as shown.
You can then adhere to your acrylic block (size 4-3/4" x 7"), which fits purrrfect... and then ink with any of your ink pads that you have on hand. I am using Color Box's White... YUMM-O!!!
When you stamp - you'll be able to see exactly where you're stamping... no need to use a guide anymore! =0)
The results... just as good, or maybe even better!??!?!
Hmmmm..... what da ya think?!?!
Thank you again, Gina... cause I just went from a drawer FULL of wheels....
To 1 folder full instead.... this folder holds 4 Jumbos and 1 Small wheels per side - that's 10 wheels per page total. I have 40 wheels in this folder (so far), and still filling them pages....
Heather S. asked:
One question, I love this idea, I've been slowly working on going unmounted with all my stuff, but how are you attaching them in a folder?
Hey Heather, great question!! The cling foam that you attach to your rubbah will easily cling to the storage boards that go into your 3 ring binder. Boards come in 2 different colors - black (1 board in a pack) & white (3 boards in a pack).
*****
Sheila D. Staves asked:
One question: have you ever tried using the ink cartridge on the flattened out wheel?
Hey Sheila, nope - I haven't tried it... if you do, please share and let us know the results.
Jen- this is a really good Idea becuase, then you can use any kine color stamp....without buing all those cartridges...and I cant roll the darn thing straigt anyway...
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, MERCY ME!!....What an AWESOME idea!!....I too cannot downsize my collection!....soooo very cool...Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteOMG GF! This is sooo brilant I was selling my retired wheels to make room for all new ones Now I just may have to do this .. Your wheel collection looks like mine Hee! Hee! OH how I love my wheels .. Thanks so much for this awesome Tip Girls :-) your Rockin !!
ReplyDeleteHugs to you
xoox
Dawn
Ummm... yes! I am TOTALLY doing this!! I never touch my wheels, I think this would breathe new life into them. Thanks for the excellent tip. I'm going to link it on my blog, hope that's ok!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this! I just might have to unmount my wheels!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, now what do I do with the ruler guide I just bought, LOL, I am somewhat wheel deprived only have about 10 of them, but since everything else went to cling in my collection will have to try this.
ReplyDeleteWhat a FABULOUS idea! I too am going to have to link my scrapblog to here for everyone to learn this tip.
ReplyDeleteI am sooo gonna covert my wheels over....much easier to use and one less product..the guide..I will have to buy. TFS!
ReplyDeleteOne question, I love this idea, I've been slowly working on going unmounted with all my stuff, but how are you attaching them in a folder?
ReplyDeleteSuch a good idea, but I am scared.
ReplyDeleteKewl! I heard of people unmounting their wheels, but I didn't know what to do once the wheels were dismantled. I have tons of wheels I never use, maybe doing this would breathe new life into my poor neglected rubbah
ReplyDeleteHey Jen, glad you found someone who knew! I took mine & mounted them on clingfoam a few months back - it's just great! Whoever invented clingfoam deserves a medal!!!
ReplyDeleteHey great idea Jen. Now, I just need the guts to actually cut them off the wheels.
ReplyDeleteMaria
Wow!! They look great!! What a fab idea!!
ReplyDeleteWow! That is amazing! I'm so on the fence right now!!! I so want to do this but feel scared!!! I agree, I love my wheels but never use them! This could bring more ink to them. hmmmm.......
ReplyDeleteThat looks so nice and neat. I have been thinking about doing this myself. Thanks for the tutorial on how to do it, I was wondering how to tackle the job.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Great way to save some space. I neve use my wheel cause I don'r have the inky things for them! Now I will be!
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Jen
ReplyDeleteI love your blog and your ideas. I visit you every times you publish something. Today, I read your post and I think that you give me one more idea. I have make the same thing that you do (to have more place) with my stamps mounted in wood ... but I don't know what to do with stamp in a circle like you. I put in my blog ideas to the storage of unmounted stamps. My blog is write in french but photos are international !!! Thanks a lot again
Marie-Hélène from Madrid (Spain)
So ingenious! I'm such a newbie that when I bought my first wheel, I forgot to order the handle and the ink cartridge. (I've since rectified that situation). I was on the verge of buying the guide until I saw this tutorial. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteOne question: have you ever tried using the ink cartridge on the flattened out wheel?
OK well I have never liked using a wheel...just couldn't make it go straight for the life of me...NOW I will do this with my wheels and may even order a wheel JUST to take it off and use it this way!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love this idea and think I am going to try this myself to save space. Maybe I'll actually use more of my wheels now. Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteHey Jen,
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea. The image stamps out better on an acrylic block. I'm not good with wheels but love the design! Thanks for the idea (Gina too). Might have to get supplies from you, though. :)
Thanks,
Cheryl U.
What a splendid idea! Thanks for sharing it and showing the pictures.
ReplyDeleteJen, that is just genius!! As soon as I get up enough nerve, I'm going to try this! Thanks so much for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I got a jumbo wheel as a gift, but I don't have a jumbo handle or the ink for it and I don't think I want to spend the money on them for just 1 wheel. I think I'll try it!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Cheryl
Absolutely ..Great Idea !!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
Thank you for the great tutorials, I am so impressed. I have not been to classes or get togethers, so I am very interested in seeing instructions (even simple). Your pics were great as your written word succinct! What is that type of foam for UM"S? & where do you get a long enough block (just starting ums). Would you consider doing any on with one stamp/image, 10 looks type of idea? No trouble doing the image but get stuck with trying new techniques or card layout ideas big time. thanks for a great site and valuable information. Happy Day :))
ReplyDelete