August 10, 2007

August's Hawaiian Songs Of The Month....

Aloha All....


Yesterday, I received this email from a frequent reader of mines:


"Hi Jen---hopefully you can help me & it's not stamping.
It's a CD, but I can't remember the artist, & no one else can in this area.
He's Hawaiian, on the cover he's on the beach, very long name.....I CANNOT
remember his name, but the 1st time I heard his beautiful music, I fell in love with it.
I'd totally be so thankful for your support, with a name.


Many thanks, ahead of time
I LOVE your site & check it regularly. Thanks for sharing your talent.



Sue, Moncton, NB, Canada"




Sue... just for you - I'v uploaded 4 songs of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - (whom we love to call "Braddah IZ") currently playing now (turn on your speakers if you want to hear his angelic voice). God Bless His Soul... we, the people of Hawaii has just celebrated the 10th year anniversary of Braddah IZ's death. It gives me great honor to be able to share some of his music here on my site. It also gives me chicken skin knowing that this man from Hawaii, with such a huge lovely voice has touched millions of lives all over the country, and to have 1 person, from Canada to contact me about it.... wow!!! that's touching for me. Thanks Sue!!! You've made me very happy!!! Hope these songs will melt your heart as you have done mines.


Happy Aloha Friday All,
Jen

8 comments:

  1. Jen,
    Thanks for sharing! Braddah IZ's voice is truly angelic indeed. I'm currently working in my scrapping room and listening to these beautiful songs that you've shared with us.
    Many Thanks!
    Blessings from AnaB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His voice is beautiful and so soothing. Thank you for sharing this Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alhoa Jen,
    You are a gem Jen!
    My DB & DSIL live on the island of Kauai, I think I mentioned that to you before, anyway they turned me onto this amazing music. Mahalo for sharing! I can't wait to get back over to the islands real soon! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (Braddah IZ) sing "over the Rainbow" on he soundtrack from the movie "50 First Blind Dates" with Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler...That song is on his album called "Alone in IZ World". Yes, I love his voice/music.

    In Peace & Laughter,

    Tina Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sister, Thanks for posting bruddah Iz's music. His legend lives...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still remember the first time I heard Israel sing. I Play his cd a lot and which I ran right out to buy still every time I hear his rendition of Over the Rainbow, I get goosebumps. There is always a big lump in my throat after hearing his gentle plea for happiness. god, I am sniffling already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surprisingly, we've even heard of Braddah Iz here in Utah! A couple of weeks ago, my son Matt was playing me some of his music and he recognized it when I was visiting your site and heard Iz singing. Beautiful voice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Braddah IZ, I will never forget him. My grandson was born with cancer very rare too. A woman came to the hospital and video taped him and his parents and the background music was IZ. (Over the Rainbow) I cried my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!