July 7, 2007

Sizzix Sizzlit Chics

Good Morning Saturday All....


Before I head out to the wedding today (nope, didn't find the invite - but I did find out where, when and why...hahah!), anyways - before I head out, I wanted to share a lil' something with ya....

About a month or so ago, I headed to J's Knicknacks and bought a bunch of Sizzlits die cuts of cute MAMBI girls!!! J's Knicknacks is a lil' store down in McCully, here on Oahu. It started out as a sports card store... how funny - cause 12 years ago, Charlie was into sports cards collecting, and he used to go to J's!! Now, J's also caters to crafty people, like me!!! So, I can go together with Charlie, and he can check out the sports cards, while I check out the eye candy, and spend his money!!! Oh, but Charlie doesn't come with me tho' - infact, Chazz and Cyrus are the ones that are taking an interest into the cards, but it's not sports cards they're interested in, it's those Pokemon cards. Uncle Cliff has taken a liking to his new nephews....he even let them eat some of his grapes that were in the fridge....well, I think Cyrus helped himself to it, and Uncle Cliff just said, "go"..... (so "make house" my kids). Anyways, the last time I was there - or was it the time before?...ok moving on.... I saw all these cute Sizzix Sizzlits of MAMBI galz. Of course I didn't pass them up. Cliff had them on sale for 20% off, off of his already discounted price. How am I supposed to feel if I went home and didn't get them? That would be a kick in my butt right?! hahaha... well, I bought them and adopted those girls as my own. At the time of the purchase, I already knew that I wanted to make luggage tags with these gals, and that's exactly what I did.


Because there are so many pieces to this die cut, I started out with the base color which was my skin tone color. I then cut scraps of paper and cardstock to use for die cutting the hair, clothing and sandals. I then cut out the pieces that I wanted. It was a tedidous but somewhat soothing thing to do. Cause in order to do a good job, I had to take my time, and relax. So, here they are after I did the piecing on the girl on the left, I decided that I was only going to piece the blouse on the girl on the right. I then colored in her pants, cell phone and purse. But it's a good thing, cause they are matching colors, right?!


Well, here is a photo of them after being laminated into a luggage tag. I know... kinda funky looking with those air pockets, huh? Well, I ran them through the laminating machine a couple of times, but those air pockets didn't go away. Anyhoos, as you can see, I made them for my Mama Wini and Sister Teri. I slipped the tags it into their bags of googies that I gave them the other day when they were here at my house. What a surprising treat, eh?! Did I just toot my horn?!


Ok, you all have a marvelous Saturday....will share pics of the wedding later. The weather looks BEAUTIFUL today.... we're going to have some pretty pictures. I gotta go and make breakfast for the clan, so will catch y'all later!!!


Oh! BTW - I found my digital camera....video's will be up tonight...or tomorrow (depending on your time zone). Where was it? In my car... in my "drag around bag" that I usually "drag around" with me that has my SU! Catalog n' SB mags, laptop and what?! my camera.....duh!!!
Hugs to all,
**Jen**

9 comments:

  1. These girls are adorable, have missed our video while on vacation, can't wait till next week to catch up on them. Enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great with the dies!

    I've always avoided those as they look far too much like hard work, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just too cute, Jen!! I am sure they loved them.

    Have a fab time at the wedding! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo cute.

    I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding. You took some right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh NO!!! I'm not looking..I don't see these awesome diecuts!! Man!! I really really NEED THEM!!

    Thank you for inspiring me Jen, you ROCK!!

    Loveya,
    Jenny in Maine
    MY BLog: www.ThisEveryDayLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Great die story! Guess I'll have to try those dies out too since I do sell them. So did you take a picture of the kids eating the grapes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 07, 2007

    too cool Jen! love those girls! teri showed us her tag. too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute little chickie-boos! What a fun idea. Hope you enjoy the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Lucky, lucky me!! Thank you sister for the gorgeous tag!! I was sooo surprised to find that in my little bag of goodies...I have those dies too (from J's). They are ready to be dusted and used!! I showed off my tag at the open house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!