July 10, 2007

Pidgin Word Of The Week: "Da"

Hey All,

I've decided to move this element to my blog postings instead. For future references, I thought...how would I refer back to these words should I need them in the future?!.... or worse, how would YOU refer back to them?... =0)


If this is your 1st time reading this "Pidgin Word Of The Week Post" - Please read this post first.

The word of this week is "Da":

Pronounced: "da" (long but short "A", not "duh", but like the "da" in "soda")


There are 3 meanings for this word....

  • Meaning 1. "The"
  • Samples: English: "The little boy fell down" - Pidgin: "Da boy broke his head"

  • Meaning 2: "How "
  • Samples: English: "How Cute!" - Pidgin: "Oh, da cute!"

  • Meaning 3: "So "
  • Samples: English: "It's So Hot!" - Pidgin: "Oh, da hot!"
  • If you comment, please try to use the word "da" in your comments....I want a laugh.

    Have a good day all!!!



    16 comments:

    1. Oh da cool, So I would say I love da card.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Jen,

      You have da greatest blog!!! I enjoy reading your blog everyday. Such a talented gal. You make me laugh at times, your cards are great and your tutorials are so precise. Thank you for a great blog.

      Rita

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am lovin' da word of da week!! :0)

      ReplyDelete
    4. AnonymousJuly 10, 2007

      Howzit Jen- Dis blog is one funny one. How you come up wit stuff li'dat? Da blog you have is one choice one wit nice oards and da tutor kine stuff is mean. Kay sista Jen- Have one rippa day. Raining ova hea, i hope da sun stay come out soon. Lataz, Jus'da kine Jo.

      ReplyDelete
    5. AnonymousJuly 10, 2007

      I dunno how you do it; plenni info, choke laughs - you da bomb! And da udder one dat you call sista Teri - she catch da bus to and from work and den still get time for do all da tins! I get hard time keepin' up with da two of you.

      luv ya,
      da winking waddler

      ReplyDelete
    6. Too funny! My husband teases me when I say the word "the" because I still say it like the pidgin way "da". I think linguistically, my tongue cannot pronounce the word "the" the right way . . .it's the P.I. in me I think.

      By the way. . .can you update your blog roll for my Stampin Inspirations blog site to this new URL: http://www.stampininspirations.blogspot.com

      It used to be http://www.stampinupinspirations.blogspot.com. Take note of the word "stampinup".

      I got a letter from Stampin Up stating that a rat informed them that my URL was a violation of their policy. Haha! Yup, a big fat rat.

      Gosh, now everyone who has a link to my blog site will get a blank page unless they change it to the new address. Oh, well.

      Anyway. . .hope you are having a wonderful day!!

      Maria

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hey sister, great word you wen pick. You always come up with da bes' stuffs!

      ReplyDelete
    8. You're da bomb! Da video was da informative, since I had no idea how a Cricut works.:)

      ReplyDelete
    9. AnonymousJuly 10, 2007

      This is da cute! Your ideas are da best!

      ReplyDelete
    10. OK, I can ALWAYS count on you to make me SMILE. You are toooooo much.

      Luv ya

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hey Jen!
      You know that your site is "off da hook" That's the only was that I could think of using "da" word. I had to throw in some street slang to make it sound right.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Hey Jen!
      I was "tagged" last night and now it is my duty to "tag" 7 others. I thought about you instantly. You are very witty and I would like to know you better also. If you don't mind, would you please respond and list 7 random things about yourself. According to the rules that I received, if you participate..you are supposed to tag 7 others and post their names on your blog.
      Thank you for your time
      Malieta:)

      ReplyDelete
    13. AnonymousJuly 11, 2007

      Wow, you da bomb...I tell you dat all da time...but you know it's da truth...hehehe! See all da posted comments!

      jus'mo

      ReplyDelete
    14. AnonymousJuly 12, 2007

      I just happened across your blog through Lindesy's and I have to say it's great. Then it got even better when I saw your "word of the day". I am from Oahu and I get very homesick from time to time and this made me laugh. Thanks for the laugh.


      Aloha!

      ReplyDelete
    15. BAH-HA-haha!!! Im peein' in da pants readin' all da comments!!!
      Love da blog too, but I didnt read da "read here" button before I commented!! haha
      Always read da instructions AFTA you do what ya do!!! hee hee
      I found your blog thru Anne Marie Gross blog!!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!