May 6, 2007

Stampin' Up!™ Retiring Stamp Sets

This morning, I got up super early before the babes of the house woke up. I went through my Stampin' Up!™ collection, and pulled put all the sets that are soon going to be saying "bye-bye". How sad, isn't it? All these sets... no longer available - oh, but I'm sooo looking forward to the new stuffs that they are going to be presenting. Can't wait. I'm so addicted to flower sets, 2 step stamping sets, and line art sets - which ones are you addicted to?


Here's a photo of all the sets that I have that are retiring. I will be having a "Retirement Party" on the 27th of May. Therefore, I've got to work my butt off creating using these sets. Cause I want to present samples, and I'm even going to do a make n' take of 5 easy projects. How about you? What are your plans?!




What do you end up doing with your retired sets? For me, I love my stamps. Not only that, I'm also a collector. Some of these sets that I have are retiring and aren't even mounted or used yet! That's how bad of a collector I am. But still, I'm not going to get rid them. What I do, is I unmount them, and then mount them again using Creative Cling Foam - which allows me to store them in folders! Yes... I have them categorized in themes per folder... and when I want to use them, all I'd have to do is pull one out - and stick em to my acrylic block (because the Creative Cling Foam allows your stamp to stick on any smooth surface). Here is a photo of one of my folders. I use 3-1/2" sized 3 ringed folders. There are about 25 stamp sets in this folder right now, and I can still fit about 3 more pages, which will hold about 3 stamp sets each! That's 9 more sets!!!! Isn't that GREAT?!?!?! This has saved me tons of space, and I feel so much better that I don't have to get rid of these stamps.


So what do you do? If you have some ideas, please share with me - I'm open to any ideas any time!



Have a wonderful Sunday, Sisters!!!

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 06, 2007

    Aren't acrylic blocks & cling foam great?! I also unmount my stamp sets. I stamp on the cling foam with stazon, so I can see thru the block just where & what I'm stamping. Then I store them in CD cases. Doesn't look like I have many stamp sets at all, because they don't take up much room. I have them on a shelf just above where I stamp, so they're easy to reach. Love unmounteds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Jen, that is a TON of sets you have retiring! CTMH has moved to My Acrylix 3 years ago, and I'm still trying to convert my old CTMH wood mounted stamps to unmounted, lol! I need more time... I need more coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!! Thats a ton of stamp sets. No wonder you have to pack em skinny. I love your idea of doing the unmounted way. Have your tried Tsukineko's Tack 'N Peel? Jus wondering your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, Jen. I'll have to try this.

    Thanks!
    ~Amy H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a link to this post over at Craft Critique today (www.craftcritique.com). Great information!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 15, 2010

    What kind of white panel thing to you put your stamps on? Is it a page protector?

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!