Here is another box that I created on the Design Studio - this one has a window so that you can adhere an acetate to it and allow it's receiver to peek into what is yummy inside. I used the same template from the box I created like the Sizzix #2 Box. I then added a flap that closes for the top side of the box, and a bracket window. I then cut the same bracket with another bracket within it so that I could have a "frame" around my bracket window. Or just use your imagination and use any other cut to create a window for you.
The image that I used for this project is from Dandelions Designs, DSP is DCWV, it was thick enough to use for this box.
The cartridge that I used for this cut file is George. You will need this cartridge, along with the
My image was colored with Copic pens... yes, sorry, I'm still in the "non-blending mode". I used a darker mustard on the monkey, unfortunately, she looks kinda yellow-mellow to me. I gave this yummy box to a friend of mines, and because he's a guy, I'm pretty sure he didn't really look at the image too closely **like WE would (use crafters at least)**. He was just happy to have chocolate for his birthday. =0)
You can download the Cut File here. Or go to my sidebar, and click on "Design Studio Downloads" under "quick Links" for this cut file as well as others.
Have an awesome day in the Lord!!
God Bless,
Jen
Today's verse: How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news! Romans 10:15 (NIV)
so cool! love what you do with the cricut. I really have to learn. BTW, I 4got to get the George cartridge when I stopped by your house. Do U still have it? LMK.
ReplyDeleteThis is super cute Jen! I love all the colors and the DD stamp too.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Mar. 20, 2010. Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteYou are the cricut Queen! I love all your beautiful creations!
ReplyDeletethank you for the cut file I know I will be using it a lot.
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute - I'm sure after your friend ate the chocolate he then appreciated the cute box!
ReplyDeleteI had a problem downloading this file?? Was there something special I had to do (I've downloaded some others from you and didn't have a problem). Also, just subscribed to your blog - I LOVE IT!
Oh WOW -- this is so sweet and YUMMY
ReplyDeletewhat a cute box! I just bought this one! too cute! I am amazed at what you talented ladies come up with! love your cute image...they are so cute! have a blessed day in the Lord sister!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your project, it is really appreciated. Kindest regards kendell
ReplyDeleteHI Jen,
ReplyDeleteWhat do I do just send a card with out writing inside to these children? I am going to try
and see if I can do it and also get our teens involved would'nt that be great? After our Pastor gets back from vacation I will talk to them about this. I gave a lot of card making suplies my daughter sent me I did not need so gave it to the young people at church so they can use that. Good talking to you again.
"Joyfully My Savior"
Mary B
Supposed to be "Joyfully Serving My Savior"
Delete