June 8, 2009

A Shout Out To Vicki of Queen Kat's Design and Christmas Weekly Challenge #20 - w/color shots



Good Morning Monday!!! Before I share with you the Christmas Challenge, I wanted to send out a Very Happy Aloha Birthday to the owner of Queen Kat's Design - the Queen herself - VICKI!!!! Happy Birthday, Sister!!!!

Right now, QKD's got an awesome sale going on. 40% off of ALL QKD designed stamps, or 50% off Clearance items!!! WOOOO Hoooo - what an awesome deal!!!

All QKD DT's wanted to do a little birthday blog hopping for Vicki, so if you are following along the blog hopping with the QKD DT's - you should've just came from Beverly's "Bee Stamper" blog. If you'd like to start off at the beginning of the hop - then you'd wanna start at the Queen Kat Design blog first. To continue with the birthday blog hopping n' wishing Vicki a Happy Birthday, please head on over to Andrea's "My Stamping Heaven" blog....

Ok... now for my Christmas Challenge creation.....



Ho! Ho! Ho!!!!! Merry Christmas.... we're on week #20 of Christmas card creations. 20 weeks ago, Maria started a Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to get some of us started on Christmas cards this year. I don't think I made a lot of cards, but so far, it has been a challenge of FUN!!! If I don't end up giving my cards away at Christmas, at least I will have a nice stack of pretty Christmas cards to look at. LOL!!!!

So the challenge this week is to use ribbons and buttons. Although I didn't use any ribbons on my card, I used a bunch of buttons to make it purdy!! The image I used on this card is from Fred, She Said. Supah cute digital image, eh?!... I can image Cy doing this, because back in March - when we went to Seattle, while there was a light snowfall, Cy was out in the yard, with his mouth wide open - catching snowflakes. It was the cutest. But I was too worried about him getting sick, so I made him stop, and got him back into the house before I could grab my camera and take a pic of him. Boo Hoo... and I was NOT about to tell him to go back outside and do it again. At least the image is embedded in my head. LOL!!!

Anyways, I also used stickles to add glitz to the card. I used it for snow, and if you look close on each button, I kinda made like they were snowflakes. Not quite, but that was what I was trying to go for. I colored the image with my Copic Markers. (See my color shots below). Also, don't forget to check out all the other creations created by the DT's of the CSAYL blog.... they all did a great job this week (like always!!!).

So the other day - I don't know if I mentioned that I cracked a filling in my tooth the other day. If not, well I did. LOL.... I was eating a Filipino dish, it was Chi-Cha-Rons for lunch, and that extra crunchy pork skin cracked my filling!!!! DANG!!!! I went to the dentist immediately the next day, and he put a temporary filling in there. But I have to go back and now get a crown. Bummerz.... that's the 3rd crown in my mouth. No fair, because I can totally see other things that could be purchased instead of some silly crown. But I guess if I don't wanna be looking like Gramma anytime soon, I better get them done, huh!?!?






Here are my color shots...










Well, here's to a wonderful week.... come back tomorrow for another Two Scoops Rice Design's Kokeshi Doll creation.

Aloha,
Jen

21 comments:

  1. Love this card!! Such a cutie! great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Love all the glitter accents, looks great on the buttons! And as always great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uber cute!! I love th eway you do your color shots, it helps me with my Copic coloring....practice practice & more practice with me. By the time I get it down, the pens will be dried up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card and the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Christmas card, Jen! Love all the crafting that you've been doing! Your coloring is fantastic and I love how you added the Stickles on the buttons! Very creative! You did a fantastic job with this week's challenge!!

    Sorry about your tooth! Crowns can be expensive. . .sheesh, you can buy a buttload of stuff with the cost. LOL! But. . you don't want a cavity so I guess you gotta do it. Stop eating all those crunchy stuff. . .chicharon is yummy though! Just be careful! LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice details on the card. I think Vicki will like your cat wearing a crown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun cat with crown!!!

    great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute, cute card! Thanks for sharing how to blend, love your blending!!!

    I never got to go to J's this weekend...you didn't buy much? I was planning on going to Brian's but then I thought, nah, I need to save...LOL! Hard to do but going to Japan and wanna buy the rest of the Copic Sets I don't have. Can't wait!

    Hope you're doing well chicka!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your winter card, so great and thanks for the colouring shots

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much Jenn. :) very nice coloring you have there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute card....I love what you did with the buttons too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Jen! The buttons look great!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card Jen! I love the buttons and all the sparkle! Super job coloring in your image as well.
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for that tutorial on the copic coloring! I played the tetris game but I don't have a print screen b/c I have a mac. I got 650 but couldn't send you a picture. oh wells...will try again later! congrats on your 3 years of blogging! woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tutorials. I'm lovin the way you color with those copic. You are such a great teacher. The image is so cute.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, this has got to be the best copic coloring tutorial I've seen yet..."Coloring with Copics for Dummies" (like me!) How do you figure out which colors to blend? You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tutorial :)!

    Hugs,
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Bday to Vicki! Love your card sister, and the color shots are very helpful! TFS!! xo, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Jen! We are still waiting for summer to arrive... it has been so cool for this time of year. I love the Christmas Card Creations! Fabulous idea. ho ho ho.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Jen, great start to the Xmas cards, I love this little guy, and love all the buttons you've added too. Great job
    Glad we're all on the same team. I'm just finally catching up with everything, not had much time for crafting this week, hopefully this weekend I can do some more.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!