February 26, 2009

Birthday Giveaway #9

WOW!!! The day is going by soooo quickly!!! I'm having a lot of fun, reading everyone's comments. Thank you all so very much for playing along... here's what's in giveaway #9:

  • CC Designs: Hey Chicky
  • Whiff Of Joy: Matthew w/Presents
  • Rachelle Ann Miller: 1st Christmas
  • Q&C: Hook Ups - Orange n' Green ones...

What to do.... share with me an food dish that is not of your ethnic. Like I'm a Filipina, and I love to eat Thai food - Pad Thai Chicken to be exact. Infact, that is exactly what I ate for lunch today!!! =0) So what ethnic food do you enjoy eating?!

Good Luck!!!

**COMMENT CLOSED - GIVEAWAY ENDED**

31 comments:

  1. There's a place here near work called Bangkok Garden and they have THE BEST THAI FOOD EVER. I actually have never been into Thai food until a colleague took me to this place. When we first found out about it, we'd go 3x a week! Yes, they are THAT good. My favorite dish is Panang curry chicken. YUM-O!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Middle Eastern and Greek food (except the Lamb). I had a crush on a guy in H.S. who's family was Jordanian. Any chance I get (which is not often) I indulge!
    (Oh - I am mostly a European Mix, Irish, Scotish, Welsh French - maybe a few others and then American Indian thrown in!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! That is so funny that you love Pad Thai cause I too love some Pad Thai. My favorite ethnic food though would have to be something like lasagna or baked manicotti! I'm not Italian but I love to eat it and cook it! =0) Happy Birthday honey! I hope you have a beautiful year and I hope your birthday was an amazing one! Just like you. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eating sushi and any snacks from Japan! I'm Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Japanese but I love Chinese and Korean food! Dim sum at Royal Garden in the Ala Moana Hotel, and the best kal-bi from Keawe Grill. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Japanese food, esp. shrimp tempura & sushi. Fave restaurant = Tadashi. Then it's Oxtail soup from Kapiolani Coffee Shop. Yummm-o

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Mexican and love to eat mexican food, but I also love to eat Italin food (any thing with Pasta)..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm Portugese & I luv Cerian (?spelling)meat pies! I luv spicey foods my Portugese heritage but these pies are not that kind of spicey but their ohhhhhh so good, yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mexican food. Expecially homemade chicken tacos that are fried with refried beans on the side with lots of cheese..Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Filipino, Italian & Spanish but I LOVE Korean foods! I especially love going to the ones where you cook your own and eat all you can. My most favorite meal is just hot rice and hot HOT kim chee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your favorite is also my favorite. Pad Thai with chicken or shrimp. I even make it home sometimes. But Mexican food takes a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love going out for Chinese food. generals taos chicken, pork fried rice, boiled dumplins....YUM! great! now its close to bedtime here and I'm craving chinese food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heritage is definitely European....mostly English with a little Dutch. But I could eat Mexican 7 days a week!!! The spicier the better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HeeHee I was actually busy at work for the last hour half. Anyways I'm Chinese and I LOVE Pho (Vietnamese) especially the one located in the Chinese Cultural Plaza called Huong Lan and Pad Thai too :P Man...getting hungry again :O

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually tried Indian cuisine in Hawaii and I've ate it here in CA. They have good curry but my favorite is Thai cuisine. I love Thai dishes.

    I love patele too (puerto rican). Yummy. I love that stuff and no one sells it here. I miss the ones in Hawaii.

    When I moved here in California. . .there's a few Peruvian restaurants. . .they're like a mix of Mexican/Indian style. Very spicy.

    When it comes to food. . .I can go on and on so I'll end it here. LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sushi. I love sushi rolls but only the ones that are fried, lol. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy, happy, happy birthday!
    I am Hungarian... and I love Chinese and typical English food. I lived in England for 2 years and the lady I lived with was a great cook... loved the meat and the gravy.... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to pitch in again but just HAD to share another favorite. I'm a Filipina who LOVES Cuban food! If you are ever visiting So Cal, go to Versailles Cuban Restaurant. My super duper favorite dish is their Famoso Pollo Versaille (or Versailles Famous Garlic Chicken) with Moros & Cristianos (white rice and black beans) and Platanos Maduros (sweet fried plantains). Check 'em out online:) I'm sure there's probably better, but still love this place!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, I love almost all food. I love Chinese, Mexican, Italian...and I haven't tried Thai yet, but I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm Filipina but I LOVE all Japanese foods most esp. the shirmp tempura and all seafoods :) My favorite restaurant is Todai.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love mexican food. That is my all time favorite. But a close second is Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, I'm German and Irish but my favorite food has to be Italian, LOVE it!

    That's awesome that you had your favorite food for lunch today! Did you ever make it to Starbucks? If not, I think you need to make a special trip! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Thai food too, and I don't get to eat it enough. There is this really great, inexpensive downtown my friends and I go to for special occassions, its called Basils. Mmmm, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jen,

    I am from Puerto Rico and I love arroz con pollo and habichuelas guisadas, (chicken and rice and a bean caserole....sort of what it is!)

    Happy Birthday!!! and many more!

    Percy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm actually a fussy eater so there's not a lot out there that I actually enjoy... but if we can order my favourite items, I love Chinese!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Definately Thai food also. When on vacation there a couple of years ago I could not get enough...the highlight was when we met a couple on the beach that were making fresh green mango salad on the beach...the husband carried all the supplied including her huge mortar and pestal...OMGoodness was that yummy!
    I wanted to buy a bar on the beach and stay.. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Chinese food..... the bestest. I am a simple eater but love the chicken chop suey or choow mein.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Italian food. And that is what I had for lunch today, Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am not Italian, so I am going to have to pick Spaghetti with Lobster! If you have not tried it you will have to someday!

    Denise Wells
    mamascollections@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love italian food!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Mexican food (and no I'm not Mexican)

    ReplyDelete