- Hanna - Cat Woman
- Sarah Kay - Picnic of Daisies
- Q&C: Beads
- Q&C: Christmas Brads
What you need to do is write post a comment with your name, and tell me why you either love or don't like your name.
Although my name "Jen" is a nickname, my real name is "Janeth". At first, I didn't really like my real name, but now, I think it's very unique n' sexy like I am. =0) However, the nickname "Jen" is very sentimental, as during my childhood years, only my family members were allowed to call me "Jen".... what's your story?
Good Luck!!!
**COMMENT CLOSED - GIVEAWA ENDED**
Okay, so my parents names are Joseph and Irene. I'm guessing 'Joene' wouldn't have been a nice name. Also, my mom didn't want to go with Josephine so Joann it was. The actual spelling of my name is Jo Ann - GROSS! When I got into middle school, I squooshed them together to spell Joann. The funny thing is people call me 'Jo'. What I love is noticing when people are comfortable enough to call me by this nickname. Means I have a done a good job of making them feel good around me:)
ReplyDeleteBTW.......I love Hanna! Wow! Never really looked at these stamps before!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Nancy and I am actually glad to finally tell everyone that I hate my name. I would love to have an elegant name or a name that is not very common. I am also jealous of the ladies who can adapt their name to a nickmane. For example: Sami shortened from Samantha.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Dawne and I like just the spelling of it. I dislike that it's a common name and that it could be a male's name if said so on the phone.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Denise and I like my name. I can't think of any name I'd rather have. However,I've been told I don't look like a Denise and I've been called Kim, Debbie, and Diane. Cracks me up. My mom named me Denise so she could call me Deedee, so that was my nickname growing up...then it changed to Dee, then back to Denise.
ReplyDeleteI like my name because is not very common. When I was a child my nickname was "Bee" some of my close friends called me with that nickname.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!
Berenice R.
My name is Maria and I can't stand my name. . .it's so ethnic and ancient. LOL! I was named after my grandfather whose name was Mariano so that's the only thing I like about my name. My middle name is my grandmother's name and I don't like that name either. Arghh! My dad's youngest brother has the exact name as I do. . .but the male version. My grandmother died giving birth to him so that's the reason I was named after my grandparents.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a more modern name like Sarah, Brooke, Ali. . LOL!!
Maria
My name is Nancy... and I think it's boring and no fun and too easy to spell... I think they thought I'd be dumb so they made my name easy
ReplyDeleteThen you add in my middle name and suddenly I'm a Southern Belle... Nancy Lee... sigh
Here's my story...My parents names are John and Judy (both begin with J, duh, lol!). So, I was supposed to be a boy, oopps! They were going to name me Shawn but since I was a girl that didn't work out and my mom had 2 girls names that she LOVED...Jennifer and Stephanie, she told my dad she'd be happy with either of them. Well, my dad wasn't a fan of Stephanie for whatever reason and Jennifer was the name he chose (plus the "J" fit the family theme!=)
ReplyDeleteI never liked it because there were tons of "Jenny's" growing up. I decided in 5th grade to spell my name Jenni (with an "i" instead of an "y") my teacher insisted that I was mispelling it and would cross it out with a red pen and rewrite it! What a rebel I was! LOL! The "i" stuck but after highschool people started calling me Jenn but I spell that with 2 nn's, I guess I like to go against the grain of things, huh?
My name is Christine. My Dad always called me Chrissy. I really don't like Chrissy, but I loved it when he called me Chrissy. I wish I could hear him say it one more time.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jen!
My name is Jovita, when I was growing up I never liked my name, no one knew how to say it right, till this day people still say it wrong. I know love my name, it's very unique just like me:} plus it's my grandmothers name and she's the best!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my name. However I didn't as a young teen. No one spelled or pronounced it right. I wanted cute personalized things like all of my friends. I was even convinced I was going to change the spelling. I'm glad I changed my mind. I'm named after my Grandmother and one of my brest friends in the whole worl, Jean Anna (so I'm pronounced Gina) and my middle name is Kay after my other Grandma.
ReplyDeleteRight after I decided I was going to change how I was going to spell it, my Grandma was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. She beat it, but suddenly my name took on a whole new meaning.
A lot of my good friends call me by my full name, Jeanna Kay, and I love it. I hope that someday I will be as great of a woman as I view my two grandmothers to be.
My Mom used to more, but still sometimes calls me JK (I don't care for it - however, it's my Mom and I'm grateful she still does it)
I hated the name Wendy growing up. Got picked on about the Wendy's restraunts. The only good thing is there weren't usually too many Wendy's in the school, lol!
ReplyDeleteMy full name is Sarabeth and I love it. It means princess- lol, who doesn't love that part especially lol.
ReplyDeleteI am the little sissy so I guess that's how it goes lol.
Anywho's, I was named after my Father's godmother, Sarabeth, go figure. I'm hoping that's the truth and not what my pops always told me- after the Sara Lee cake.
:)
TFS and for the chance to win.
XOXO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JANETH! That is a beautiful name, definitely sexy :)
My real name is Nicole. Over the years I've grown to love my name. I go by Nicole, Nicky, and Nic. Nicky is my favorite...I didn't always like my name when I was younger... I used to get teased a lot... always "Nicole, 5 cents"...referring to Nickel. Or "Eh, 5 cents". Some friends would even ask me if I had a dime to spare...what ever... then you add my last name in there and wooah... lots of teasing going on there... even my middle name. Now that I'm old, I'm happy with my first, middle, and last name. :)
ReplyDeleteOk... my full name is Margarita - before you start, I've heard it all! Is your brother Jose Cuervo? Where your parents drunk when they named you? LOL! Kids could be so cruel. I was named after my Mom, Dad named me 'cause the nurse pressured him to fill out the paperwork while mom was still out of it... my name could have been Tamara or Julianna.
ReplyDeleteI like my name now, it's pretty ;)
BTW - I was also robbed of a middle name, but I can't complain too much, made it easier to pass Kindergarten ;) LOL!
Hope you're having as much fun as we are!!!
My real name is Cathleen and I answered to nothing but that until the 2nd grade. i have no idea what changed my mind, but now I cringe when someone calls me that. My joke is I will only answer to it if you are reading it off of a check!
ReplyDeleteOk,my name is Heidi and I am adopted, my mother named me after the storybook/movie character. Heidi of the Swiss Alps. As a young girl I didn't like it- I wanted to be called Candy. But now as an adult I don't mind it cause you don't see a lot of Heidi's.
ReplyDeleteMy name is Toni and I hate my name, everyone spells it with a "Y" (the boy version) not to mention when people haven't met me, they think I'm a guy!
ReplyDeleteGrowing up I always hated my name & my friends ended up giving me a nickname "Penny". I wanted a regular popular name like everyone else. I had this nickname till I got out of high school. Now that I'm older I finally like my name...go figure. Are kids ever happy with their names?
ReplyDeleteMy name is Erin and I love my name because it means Ireland....
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday again!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Monika and I never liked it until I came to the US... I like the way they pronance it here... so much softer than in Hungarian. :o)
My real name is Rene Deanne. My parents called me DeDe when I was little. I dropped a De as I got older. I don't care for any of my names... I was suppose to be a Kimberly Jean, but my cousin got it first. I always wanted that name. Ohwell.
ReplyDeleteI hate my name!!! Denise, you say that is not that bad. When I meet someone new and my name is Denise I get oh that reminds me of this joke....Woman in the hospital,,, blahblah blah I say oh yeah da nephew I have heard it a million times. Like why do you have to turn to this lame joke it drives me nuts!! Totally bonkers.
ReplyDeleteDenise Wells not da nephew!
mamascollections@aol.com
My given name is Sandra too formal for me so I go by Sandie.
ReplyDelete