I'm trying to catch up... catch up to everything going on around me. I only had the chance to work on Little C's orders that were placed on the 12th of December, TODAY. Even then, I'm still trying to stay afloat. I am just about ready to start on making a fruit salad for Cy's potluck at school tomorrow, and then I have to make Turkey Ala King - but with Chicken, because the grocery store didn't have turkey avail....???? Also, CY4 has a potluck tomorrow as well. It is going to be hard to resist both dishes, but I will probably make a little more of the fruit salad, so that I can have some to call my own.
Anyways this past weekend, at Teri's gathering, I met Denise Nibling of
Denise Loves Stamps. She was just leaving as I just arrived to the party, so unfortunately, we didn't get to talk stories and get to know too much about each other. It was a hug-n'-go, and here's-a-lil'-present-for-you kinda deal. But Denise is coming to my Little C's party this

weekend.... WOOHOOO!!!! So I can't wait to meet her, and she'll get to really know the crazy me. Actually, Denise got a taste of my craziness today... hows this... short story: Denise RSVP'd to my party via email, and she wrote: "
My daughter & I will make it to your Christmas party. I will make a pot of chili & she will make a dessert. Please send me your address, so that my Garmin can help me find your house!!"... Ok, so do you know what I thought?! I seriously thought her daughter's name was "Garmin". But today, while shopping at Best Buy, I see this GPS thingy, and the name of the brand was "Garmin" - but still, I don't put 2 n' 2 together, infact, I thought to myself... "Hmmmm, I wonder if Denise named her daughter after this brand?!".... well, I get back home today, to find an email from Denise. (Earlier, I sent out an email to all attendees of my party, to let them know who was coming, and I wrote "Garmin - Denise's Guest"....funny huh?!? So, I come home, and see this email from Denise that says, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Jen, My daughter's name is Jamee, "Garmin" is my GPS system that will lead me to your house!"
.... Yea - I feel mento.... but the worst part is, I replied to Denise and go, "
Hi Debbie".... ok, am I losing it?! hahaha.. and I already had coffee this morning, not a full cup though... oh, but I don't feel too bad, Dawne referred to me as "Gina" in my previous post.... LOL!!! So I think this madness of a holiday thingy is driving everybody nuts!!!
Anyways, this pair of earrings was given to me by my darling new found friend, Denise!!! She is amazing!! A Card creator and a Jewelry maker. She is SET. No more buying cards or buying gifts for people. She can whip up something special, something sweet for you to wear in a matter of minutes.... das what I call "mean"....
("Mean" in Hawaii slang is like "awesome"... I think mainland slang says "sick" now a days (at least that's how my hubby explains it)... lol!!!).
Ok, I'm off to start cutting, peeling and cooking!!!
Toodles!
Jen
Jen, love your new earrings and they're just MEAN :)
ReplyDeleteYour Garmin story is hilarious, btw, I don't have a Garmin but I have my TomTom to lead me the say (FYI...that's another GPS brand).
Have a nice evening!
Okay, I was cracking up reading your blog post :)
ReplyDelete@ Catherine: Your "TomTom" sounds like something nasty, hee hee....
ReplyDeleteSistah you got laughin' like there's no tomorrow... hahahahaha. Seriously 'GARMIN' eheheheh I couldn't even finish the story without taking a laughing break hehehehe. TOMTOM sounds like you know! hahaha you're right Jen. hehehe OMG I'm still laughing SUPER out loud... now that's craziness....
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteLuv your creations. My I please be invited to your blog? Would luv to see your Circut creations.
xoxo,
Lori
LOL!! Too funny, Jen!! I probably would have thought the same thing!! Sounds like a girl name anyway! Still funny though! It's funny you called her Debbie! I've called people by the wrong name. . .LOL!! That's okay. . .it's the holidays. . .we're all going NUTZ!
ReplyDeleteYup . ..my kids say "sick" all the time. LOL!
Maria
Jen, you are so comical! I was cracking up this AM sitting in my office reading this! I think you need a break girl!!!! Love the earrings and the way she's packaged it. I make jewelry too and never thought about that. Great idea! Now go take a nap, or better yet a vacation! (Where do people who live in HI go on vacation?!? Hmmm...)
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteI thought it was so funny to see my guest name as Garmin, I had to share this whole story from day one to my hubby & daughter Garmin, OOPS I meant Jamee!
Those earrings are too cute! Your going to look like a superstar rocking em! Your lucky.
ReplyDeleteokie dokie...don't forget to send me directions to your house too! I don't have any "Garmin" or "Tom tom"...I have just my brain...lol! I can't wait to see everyone! should be fun!
ReplyDeleteWow, I got my laugh for the day, all most peed my pants! You are too funny girl!!! Luv those pink earrings, too cute!
ReplyDelete