September 11, 2008

Never Forget......


Just taking a few moments to remember those that have died this very day 7 years ago! I can't believe how quick time flies... where were you when the World Trade Towers and the Pentagon were hit? I remember I was taking a shower, and CY3 came rushing in telling me about it. I remember feeling sick to my stomach... I watched news, after news, after news, nothing else was on TV, just news on every channel. It was and is still sad to think about it all. I hope those of you that have been directly affected by this tragedy has been able to pick up some of those pieces and have had the courage to move on. Please know that we will always remember and will continue to honor all that have lost their lives on this day.....

Peace to all!!

6 comments:

  1. Our thoughts are with our friends accross the pond, I too have taken a mmoment to remember this day.

    My prayers go out to those who lost loved ones!!!

    I was working that day and at the time I worked for Birmingham University (UK). It was the end of my working day and I was about to get on the train, when I over heard it being discussed on the radio. When I returned home I couldn't beleive my eyes. I will never forget that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A young guy from the area (Davison) died in the towers. HIs dad owns the local MOngolian Barbaque and has the photos of his son up around the set up station.

    I was trying to sleep and my phone kept going off, so I shut it off and would listen later. I had no clue. Then the doorbell rang (JW's)-so I turned the phone on and listened and totally panicked. I could not get the satellite set up so had to switch to local antenna. Just as the second tower fell. I now keep the tv on CNN whenever I am alone so I know what is going on. Son, who was a cop then, had the day off and we went to the bagel shop and just sat there shellshocked. I tried to get hubby to come home and he laughed at me-saying I was overreacting. It was a strange day and I learned some interesting things about family and who I could count on. Make sure you have a family plan in an emergency.A meet up place.A special code word. Lets also move forward and do something positive in each of our communities. The whole country stills struggles and there are a lot of families hurting in so many ways.Reach out to one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on my way to work when I heard the news, I thought it was a joke at first, but then soon realized it wasn't. One of the Mgrs brought a TV in to work and we all watched in Horror as it unfolded. I will never forget the way I felt and wondering who would want to do this to us and why. I remember wanting to go home and being with my family and not wanting to let them go. So today, we remember those that we lost and their survivors .... God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that devastating day 7 years ago I was just waking up to go to work when my husband called me to the TV with the news on. We could not belive our eyes. To this day, I just can't begin to comprehend how people can be so evil. May the Lord continue to be with those who are affect by the great tragedy.

    The students and staff are very fortunate at the school that I work at. On the first Wed. of every month we have a special assembly for us to take some time to remember and honor those that were lost and affected by the tragedy. No matter how many times we have the assembly, I am deeply moved by what happened. I was espcially moved today when we had the assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remeber, I was asleep, my hubby came and woke me up, told me to turn on the tv.I remember I sat their with my jaw on the floor. I felt so scared, so sick, and I was so much in disbelief. I was schedule to attend a Tom Hopkins seminar with my husband. So at least I was with him the entire day. The seminar, was to conquer procrastination, fears, and to believe in your self. Tom Hopkins has lost a dear friend that day, but told us that if he had cancelled the seminar, the terrorist would have succeeded in what they were trying to accomplish.It was a day I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remeber, I was asleep, my hubby came and woke me up, told me to turn on the tv.I remember I sat their with my jaw on the floor. I felt so scared, so sick, and I was so much in disbelief. I was schedule to attend a Tom Hopkins seminar with my husband. So at least I was with him the entire day. The seminar, was to conquer procrastination, fears, and to believe in your self. Tom Hopkins has lost a dear friend that day, but told us that if he had cancelled the seminar, the terrorist would have succeeded in what they were trying to accomplish.It was a day I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!