September 23, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #10 - A Strawberry Shortcake Card


Good Morning!!!

It's time for our weekly challenge - #10... WOW!!! Here's what you need to do.... create a card that will fit in a #10 letter envelope. No sketch layout, just create the card to fit in the #10 envelope, which the size of the card should be 9-1/4" x 4. I got this idea from a Hanna Stamp sample I received from Kristi, and thought it made such a pretty card. This card was made for my niece who recently had her 1st period, or menstrual, mensies, rags or whatevah you wanna call it - personally, I refer to it as "Miss America Visiting", or "My Monthly Friend". Anyways, I thought that it would be a great idea to give her a card, and a Jamba Juice gift certificate to welcome her to the world of "Womanhood". At least it'll make her feel a whole lot better about the whole bit, and not so embarassing.

What I used to create this card: Cardstock & Circle Stamps are all from SU!, DP is from LSS, colored image with my Copic Sketch Markers, and Strawberry Shortcake image is from here. HOWEVER, I've made it easier for you to print your own already all on sheets, and you can download them from here. Have fun with all of the Strawberry Shortcake images that can be found there. I was reconnected with my childhood thanks to my Twittin' Sistah - Jennifer Love. She was the one actually looking for some SS stamps, and when I looked around for her - these FREE images popped up!!! So Yay!!! Hope you all like them.



Anyways, back to the challenge - hope you will be able to participate this week. A lot of people participated last week, and all did a marvelous job!! Last week's winner is Michelle U!!! Ok, so create for this week, and win this cute lil' giraffe clear stamp from imaginisce.

Check out the other LC's Diva Designahs and what they came up with for LCWC #10:

Ok, got a BUSY day today... so I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

16 comments:

  1. So cute Jen...great coloring job on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jen, I am soooo honored! I love coming to your site for inspiration! You are the best! Thanks sistah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute, Jen! I love all the cute colors that you used for your card and you did a fabulous job coloring the image. Thanks for sharing the image sheet! I definitely will check it out.

    I remember when I got my first period. It was a DISASTER. I was a cheerleader in the 6th grade and I did an eagle spread and all the cheerleaders went "Ohhhhhh" and I was like "what, what?" and they told me. I was so embarrassed that I cried and cried and cried. I had to be sent home from school because I couldn't stop crying. I was crying more out of embarrassement more than anything else. I could have used a card like this back then! LOL!

    I posted my challenge card. . .I used the Three Rub paper kit again. The papers are so pretty.

    Thanks for the great challenge!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen you are such an amazing person! What a lucky niece you have. I'm sure she will love it. This is just a great idea. It is tough to go through this and this will let her know that she is indeed growing up. You rock honey!
    Hugs,
    stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute, Jen. I can't wait to play with this challenge and all the cute SS images! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen this is great card size maybe i will see if I have time to participate this time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jen....your card is supah dupah cute...I LOVE it!!!!!
    Your Strawberry Shortcake image is adorable and I love the way you laid it out! I had a hard time lining everything up for this challenge. But now that I have seen your card, the light bulb is flashing. Thanks for the challenge and inspirations!
    hugs
    risa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Strawberry Shortcake image looks so cute. So is you card.

    Strawberry Shortcake and her friends used to be my favorites next to Rainbow Bright. Do you remember Rainbow Bright? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgod, omgod, omgod! I HAVE to win this ADORABLE giraffe!!!!! In case you didn't know my Misty mascot is the giraffe. MY poor daughter's room is jungle themed with an empahsis on giraffes.
    I am gonna work EXTRA hard. I know the winner is random but I'm counting on karma to smile on me!!! Now the funky envelope size, I am looking overy my enveloper and can't find the right size, can you point me in the right direction?
    Mahalo, and I'll post when it's up

    Luv n Hugz
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous, another fantastic card creation I love how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! This is soooo cute. I don't think I'm capable of making anything this cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen,
    I love, I love, I love what you did with this card. Sooooo nicely put together. Great color combo, etc... Of course, you already know how I feel about your work. You totally inspire me, always!

    God Bless,
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria is so funny... her stories are one of the best to read hehehe. I could hardly remember when I first got my period. All I can remember is my mom handing me a FAT-AsS Pad to use hehehe.

    Hope you're you're not gettin' too stress with them agendas heheheh.
    Missin' your lovely creations already. I think I'm runnin' out of Inspirational Juice...hurry back Jen... hehehe j/k
    Smile always...

    Here's my entry....
    http://nursejae.blogspot.com/2008/09/lcwc-10.html

    hugs,
    Jackielou

    ReplyDelete
  14. AGH! I totally forgot to link up my entry! I'm so glad I remembered before time was up, sheesh! Here's a link to my card: http://angiesaspiringart.blogspot.com/2008/09/cammies-heart-to-heart-blog-candy.html
    I hope you're enjoying your blog break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loooooooooooove!!!!! I have some images printed...I just need to find some time to color them and make a card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card! So sweet! Love the papers and the layout is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!