August 16, 2008

Beading It Up!


Hee hee... told ya I'd be back!! Well, the party was tiring... pool & sun = fun, but dang it sure is exhausting when it's all done, right? I came home, laid down for a bit (lol, am I using the correct term?!... Curt? help me out here will ya?!), and then went to add some beads to my cards that I created last night. These cards were made just for the heck of it. I have a list of cards to create, but I just wanted to create making something for nothing. Now that I've got it out of my system, I hope to tackle that list of card to create hereafter.

Here is one of the cards that I made last night. The stamp is from High Hopes. The sentiment is from SU! - and in the photo, it looks blurry, but it is actually stamped nicely. I didn't move over the HH stamps yet - SORRY!!!! I will work on that tonight. I just needed some "me" time, so that I can rejuvenate on my love for stamping. =0) I colored her with my copics, which I am still learning how to use. After it was all done, I've decided to add beads to the upper right of the card. Then I had this fab idea about adding beads to the entire middle of the flower..... hmmm.... I don't know if I like it though. But at least I know how it looks like now. It's pretty neat. But I don't think I'm going to do it again, or at least make it a random bead type of thingy. What do you think?

Ok, back to the craft table....

19 comments:

  1. Jen,
    I love this card. It is soooooo adorable! Are you in shock, that I am finally posting a comment on your blog? (hee,hee)

    Really love the card, great job!

    God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet. I think that the beads give the center of the flower a wonderful 3-D look. I really like that the beads match so well with the colors that you used on your card.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the beads on this sweet card Jen@ Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen!
    Love your card - have missed stopping by - there's a lot going on - I can't wait to catch up with what you're doing!

    hugs,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is almost as adorable as you are.
    Hugs,
    stephie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks GReat! loved the beads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vibrant colours, great card!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen! Just wondering about the scallop edge and the holes. What did you use for that? As all serious crafters know scallop scissors SUCK! but i think there is a scallop edge punch out there somewhere now, yes? Do you know if it's a store or a company? Like Stampin Up or Michaels I mean.
    Thanks. I can figure out a hole! hee hee
    Huggz,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. DOH! i forgot to mention i know you can scallop with the guard off your corner rounder. Here's the thing. Once I get that thing off it takes about 3 days for me to figure out how to get it back on. Better that I leave it be! HA! I LOVE the new fiskars edge punches, even have a couple, one has cute leaves and vines and everything, and the other is the threading ribbon one. I BET they make a scallop one! Hmmm, where is my 50% off at Michaels coupon.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beads too...keep doing the bead thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The image is SO cute! Great job on coloring her! I just got my copics yesterday (got a post about it). I like the bead thing in the center of the flower. If you got stickles, maybe try that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card,love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute!!! I luv the beads too, so unique just like the stamper!!! Luv the fact that the beads match the colors so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Misty:

    Hey Misty, actually the scallop edge was made using my craft scissors. A lot of my craft scissors suck indeed, but for some reason - this one works great for me all the time. So the $14.99 that I paid for the entire set of 18 scissors is well worth if only my scallop scissors work. LOL!! And yes, there is a scallop edge punch out there - which is now avail thru SU!. Let me know if you need to get one, I can find someone great for you!!!!

    @ Marie: I've got plenty of stickles, and I was going to use it on this one - but then decided that I wanted to try something outside my norm. For the middle of flowers, I think I'm going back to using stickles. Tee hee!!!

    @ All: Thanks for all of your comments!!! You are all too kind!!

    Toodaloo!!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this card is so cute. I love love the colours that you have choosen for it. They all blend so nicely.
    Glad you were able to get back to the crafting table and did something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that you had a good time at the party. The card is adorable. You did a great job coloring and the beads that you put on the center of the flower and on the sides of your card adds a special touch. I would love to color with copic markers, but their scent is too strong for my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen, what a beautiful card and a great idea for the beads. I must have a quad zillion seed beads... now I know what I can do with some of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bead work! Adds so much to the card... it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I adore the beads. They looks so fun and you chose the perfect colours! I love these warm shades. SO cute!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!