Hello All...
Once again, using the technique that Sue Nelson uses on some of her card creations, with the cuttlebug folders, I just had to try them out. I love the results. I've used 2 different folders on this card. 1 for the upper part of the card, and 2nd for the very bottom of the card, then separating with the scor-pal. Super fun 'n super easy. You can view Sue's creations here.
For my card, I used the High Hopes stamp called "Cowboy Candice". Sentiment is from TAC, and I colored using my Copic Sketch Markers. Look at all the markers used, dang, that's almost a basket full, huh? I had fun creating this card. I love that HH stamps are so LARGE!!! Size of my card is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", it almost makes me feel like I should create larger cards. If you like these cute large images, check out the ones available through the Little C's store - you will find them here.
Today's Hawaii photo is of 5 battleships docked at Pearl Harbor. I took this photo from CY4's school. I thought it was pretty cool to be able to photograph these huge ships from where I was at. They look pretty awesome don't they?
Thanks for popping in... don't forget to check my post for Sweet Candi Pieces.... for your chance at winning.
Hugs,
I love this card! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI didnt know you were so close to PH. I will be traveling there for work maybe next month or September. We attempted to go last month but United Airlines couldn't get us into Honolulu until the end of the week because they were so screwed up. We spent 2.5 days in airports and never got there. Crazy. Maybe I'll finally get there! We're heading for FACSFAC Pearl Harbor.
Not to sound ignorant but do kid's in HI go year round? I bet with the weather so wonderful all the time they can:) I love the card as always! Love your blog and when I saw the ships it made me homesick! I'm from the Norfolk, VA area (largest Navy base in the world) and this made me smile. Thank you sweetie:)
ReplyDeleteAloha Jen,
ReplyDeleteI love my cuttlebug too, but have yet to venture using 2 folders on 1 piece of card stock.
Mahalo for sharing & inspiring me to try it!
((hugs))
Gina
I love that technique you used with the two folders. FABULOUS!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is a great photo of the battleships. Ooooh...I've only flown over Pearl Harbor on our way to the airport to go to a different island. But I'd love to visit over by there and see. :)
Great job, Jen, on the coloring.
ReplyDeleteThose stamp sets are so cute.
Look at you...what a super-duper coloring job!
ReplyDeleteLooks like the horsey is hoppin', Very, very cute. I love the double texture too. I'm going over to your shop now!!Have a great Thursday, it's over cast here in Liliha.
ReplyDeleteHugs Jenn
Very cute card Jen! What a super cool idea to use two folders...how creative!
ReplyDeleteI love the view of Pearl Harbor, it is awesome.
Love this card sister! I gotta try Sue's technique! TFS!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteLovely card girl!!!! What is that top folder card,I love it!! Haven't seen that one???
ReplyDeleteTFS your beautiful card!!
Diane
Cute stamped image...
ReplyDeleteso nicely colored!
pretty PINK...
Adorable Card!!
Dee
Cutest cowgirl and pony I ever did see! Love you CB folders idea and the darling pink gigham ribbon is adorable! Sweet hugs, Deb
ReplyDelete