Good Morning!!! Happy Monday!!! How is everyone doing this beautiful sunny Monday morning?! The sun is shining bright, and I'm ready to head out and run around down town. Hopefully I can drop off a few deliveries in town. We'll see if I am able to. Anyways, I wanted to share these baskets that we've decorated for Jamie's Baby Shower. Remember that scrap book I did about a week ago? You can find the entire album posted here. Anyways, a couple of weeks before doing the album, Jamie's mom Barbara, sister Christi and my stamping sister Corrina got together on a Friday night. We decorated these baskets that were purchased from J's Knicknacks. We used DS paper that was purchased from Ben Franklin's. Her theme was
Anyways, what we did was pasted the DS paper to the basket using modge podge (you know I love this thing, huh?!?!?), then we went over the paper, giving it a seal and a glossy look. It's a good thing too, cause at the party, Cyrus tipped his cup of juice over, we were quick enough to pick up Eeyore - but the basket got the most of the juices all over it. But guess what?!!? We just wiped it off... no harm done!!! It was the best feeling ever. hahahhaa....
This photo is of the actual basket filled with goodies inside. Photo was taken on the day of the party. Ain't it so dang cute?!! You see that sign that says it "belongs to someone special"? I am happy to say that I was one of the "special someone" to receive such a basket full of goodies!!! Thanks Barb, Christi & Jamie!!! You always make me and my ohana feel right at home. We love you guys!!!!
Oh yea - and I had to share what kinda favors there were... too cute!!! Great idea... simple n' sweet!!! They did a fabulous job on the entire party set up. I took some pictures of us at the party, and will post them later on my family blog.
Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen
these are adorable, have fun downtown.
ReplyDeleteWow, Jen, you're busy now with three blogs, and the baskets are adorable. Is that vellum paper you used for the favor and you printed the design on or were you able to find the paper like that? Cute, cute, cute.
ReplyDeleteHi Char,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments. The favor is created with vellum paper and Disney stickers. I however was not the creator. It was done by Barb and Christi. I know - I hope I will keep up and keep busy with these blogs. It's going to be a fun challenge!!!
Hugs,
Jen
These are just so adorable -- how do you do it all? I know you have an endless amount of energy, right.
ReplyDeleteThis is really neat Jen, beautiful !
ReplyDeleteThese baskets and favors are just beautiful Jen!
ReplyDeletemalieta:)
Where can you get these baskets? Can you put a tutorial? I am not familiar with how to use modpodge.
ReplyDeletethanks
Monica
Hi Monica,
ReplyDeleteThe baskets were purchased at our LSS, but probably can be purchased at a Michael's. I don't know what it's called, just know that it was a cardboard type of basket (but thicker), and just brown all around like the color of it's inside. The lollipops were held in place with those foams they use at the florist. She cut a block of it, just enough to fit in, and added newspaper to the bottoms for a lift. But the block was snuggly fit in there. =0)
Ok - I will do a tutorial on how I covered the basket with DS paper and modge podge. Give me awhile to get it together, and to post. Thanks for your interest!!!!
Aloha,
Jen
Oh what fun!!! Wish I could of helped out! It all looks good!
ReplyDelete:-)