December 5, 2007

Question of the Day #6

Aloha All!!! It was a windy n' rainy day here in Sunny Hawaii..... tee hee... and I only have the chance now to post the 6th question. So, here it is:

When you were growing up, what favorite TV shows and cartoons do you remember watching?


I used to LOVE all the funnies.... Gilligan's Island, 3's Company, Facts of Life, I Dream of Jeannie.... Brady Bunch....hahahaha - for the night shows, I remember watching "Night Rider".... di-do-di-do-di-di, di-di-do, di-di-do..... As for cartoons - nothing really was a favorite of mines, because my brother made most of the decisions on what cartoons we'd watch. But I do remember the Justice of League ("Wonder Twin Powers - ACTIVATE" - I always wanted to be the girl changing into an animal......), and Smurfs, and Flintstones..... too funny!!!!

Can't wait to hear what everyone used to watch back then....

29 comments:

  1. Oh I loved flintstone too, and shee-ra :)
    he-man, dangeon dragons, smurfs
    Tom and Jerry oh so many ...
    I dont even know how they were called here because in Brazil they would say other names sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK really dating myself now, my favorite show was Frogie's Gang, it was a puppet frog that was always in trouble. I could relate to him LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch Smurfs every saturday morning! And after school was Scooby Doo! Every day my sister and I raced home from school to watch Scooby doo and munch on cheese and crackers.
    I also enjoyed Tom and Jerry which still plays on cable channels and my kids love to watch now.
    Missa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, you would ask that - now my mind is a blank! I do remember watching anything cowboy & indian - lots of westerns! And Bugs Bunny of course - he's been around forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saved by the Bell! The Young Riders. Knight rider too! Little House on the Prairie. Anne of Green Gables. Full House. Perfect Strangers. Happy Days! Ghostbusters the cartoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the smurfs! Some of my friends even called me Smurfette for my long blonde hair. I think we watched a lot of the same shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved watching the Flinstones, Josie and the pussycats, Milton the Monster, Fearless fly.

    When I was really, really young. . .I loved the show "The courtship of Eddie's Father". I was in love with Eddie. I loved watching the afterschool series. . .you know, the ones that showed teen issues like teen pregnancy, etc. I loved Kikaida. Sheesh, I can think of more to list but I won't.

    Thanks Jen! Great question!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy Doody, I even had a rocking chair that played the music to the show & I drove everyone nuts. American Bandstand, Bonanza, the Ed Sullivan show, I love Lucy, Wow there were so many & I'm sure showing my age here. (57 & proud of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we didnt have a tv when I was really little, so I watched with my gramma who lived next door. We liked Mitch Miller and I love lucy.Then I got into Peyton Place-at age 10! WE had a tv when the kennedy assasination happened and I really got into Sci Fi with my brother, so Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Star Trek

    Now I rarely watch at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A few of mine was....
    Smurfs
    Love Boat
    Brady Bunch
    Knight Rider
    That's to name a few.
    Thanks for a fun chance for your sweet giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Rita...I hear ya!
    Does anyone else remember:
    Captain Kangaroo (with Mr. Greenjeans

    Mickey Mouse Club (the original with Annette!)

    Dark Shadows (Quentin, Barnabas, and the gang)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the Brady Bunch and also the Love Boat!! And let's not forget all the Saturday morning cartoons (SuperFriends, Scooby Doo, and the lot)
    Thanks for a fun trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We only got one station when I was a child (yep, I am that old!!!) and I loved going to visit my grandparents in NJ where they had more channels. I loved to watch Truth or Consequences with a young Bob Barker. I also liked to watch the soap operas with my grandma. At home I would watch the Ed Sulivan Show and Red Skelton. They were great old shows. I also liked to watch the Howdy Doody Show when I was in NJ. We couldn't get it at home. Then there was My Friend Flika and Rin Tin Tin. I really didn't watch cartoons.
    I wish my brain could come up with more of the things I watched. Thanks for this trip down memory lane.
    Cheryl Sims

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this brings back memories!! I loved the Smurfs, Brady Bunch, Seasame Street, Mr. Rodger's, and the Muppets.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Monkees
    Here Comes The Brides
    Top Cat
    Brady Bunch
    Ed Sullivan

    Claudia scfranson@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Favorite TV shows and cartoons...
    Yes, The popular..Brady Bunch !!
    and The Love Boat.. Little House on the Prairie.
    Cartoons...The Flintstones...
    Looney Tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the Brady bunch,Three's company,Donny and Marie,Gilligna's island The golden girls i used to watch with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... going back... I see The Flinstones, The Brady Bunch, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Three's Company. There was a lot of them that I would watch when I was young. That was pretty much my babysitter 24/7. The funny thing is now we don't even have cable - LOL. Ah... Dems' was the good'ol days! When TV was worth watching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can remember the Brady Bunch, Flintstones, Batman (the series, not the cartoon), Marcus Welby MD and let's not forget the Monkees. I am sure there are many more I could name.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, talk about a trip down memory lane!!! The first show that comes to mind is "The Monkees". My friends and I would all fight over Davy Jones. I was sooo jealous when one of my friends got their album for Christmas one year. I also remember staying at my grandparents' farm and watching tv with my Grandma after the milking was done. We would watch the Lawrence Welk show, Doris Day show, Columbo, The Carol Burnett show, The Red Skelton Show, and more. Those were fun days.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Favorite TV shows...I liked the comedies....I Dream of Jeanie and Gilligan's Island and for cartoons I liked to watch Scooby Doo... Thanks for the trip down memory lane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. In the mornings I use to watch either flinstone or inspector gadget ...LOL (lil brother) and when I got home from school Id watch bewitched and my all time fav was gilligans island

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite show was Captain Kangaroo and Gilligan's Island too. On the weekends I couldn't wait to watch the Monkeys(I loved Davie Jones) and my favorite cartoon was Johnny Quest. That's where I got my nickname Hodgie(Johnny's side kick).

    ReplyDelete
  24. I use to watch Dark Shadows with my mom, Lost in Space, Star Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea...as for cartoons was always too busy to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I use to watch Dark Shadows with my mom, Lost in Space, Star Trek, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea...as for cartoons was always too busy to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We watched a LOT of TV when I was growing up, but there was only one TV - black and white, so we only watched what my mother liked. Mostly westerns, doctor shows, and game shows. The Courtship of Eddie's father was a big hit, Here Come the Brides, Star Trek, Marcus Welby, Bonanza, The Red Skelton Show, Beat the Clock, Medical Center, Emergency, and lots of Shirley Temple movies. What I was NOT allowed to watch was I Love Lucy, Carol Burnett, and Charlie Brown - oddly enough. My mom didn't like those shows, so I wasn't allowed to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. here i go dating myself:

    The Dick Van Dyke Show
    I love Lucy
    Mary Tyler Moore
    Brady Bunch / Partridge Family
    The Newlywed Game/The Dating Game
    The Carole Burnett Show (sat nites)
    Ed Sullivan Show (sun nites)

    bro had the bid on cartoons also, but I liked Batman and Spiderman.

    They don't make TV or movies like they used to do they? I think they were alot more entertaining back then. Thanks for the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. remeber the new zoo revue???? and checkers and pogo...and the ones that you listed...

    ReplyDelete
  29. i liked gummie bears, black belt theater, he-man, facts of life, my little pony, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!