September 5, 2007

A Video Tutorial: Using A Hot Knife

Okay gals, since I'm "pau" (finished, done, ka-putt) with the project I worked on for Charlie (it was a display for the upcoming seminar we will be attending this weekend in Maui. I'll share that project later. I worked on a lil' tutorial on using a Hot Knife. If you haven't used a hot knife, you might be one thinking, "gee.... what do a use a hot knife for?!" Well, a hot knife is great for cutting Styrofoam, foam board or in my case cutting creative cling foam when unmounting wood mounted rubber stamps to use on acrylic blocks. It eliminates the stickiness that a scissor would create, and it can get a lot closer of a cut than a scissor can. Below is my video tutorial. Hope you enjoy it. My next video tutorial that I am working on will be on Heat Embossing, as requested by Ms. Rita of Rita's Lil' Corner. Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!

Toodaloo,
Jen


19 comments:

  1. Your tutorial looks so easy using the hot knife. Where can I get one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME, I must ask Santa for one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen that looks so neat I think I need one of those where do you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen that looks so neat I think I need one of those where do you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen that looks so neat I think I need one of those where do you get them from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial, Jen! ummmm...might have to think about getting one of these myself ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make it look so easy...great tutorial! You are an enabler girl...'cause now I have to have one. Another thing for my wish list & your to blame for that one. teehee!!! Thanks & hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen you are smokin'!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial..I am definatly going to get one of those!!

    Thanks !
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen you are funny !!
    Great tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought one sunday with my 50% off coupon. Can I cut thru premounted sheets of rubber and foam? I got a bunch of full sheets of rubber stuck to foam and have been cutting them by hand. can I lay if on a heat resistant sheet and do it like I was drawing around the shapes? I am so afraid of cutting myself again (you dont want to see my hands)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen,
    Wow! Your tutorial couldn't have come at a better time! I just ordered a hot knife last week, but it hasn't arrived yet. If I had seen your tutorial earlier, I wouldn't have ordered the glass mat! I didn't know you could just hold it up and cut it out. Your method is way cool! Thanks so much. Keep up the great work. Joyce J.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tutorial! I'm a little afraid to ask what kind of perfume you wear, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for that tutorial. Now, where did you get your hot knife? I don't believe I've ever seen one before.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen, this video tutorial is too cute! Not only do I want to go out and purchase a hot knife, but I got to see a bit of your personality shine through the task at hand. Thanks for the entertainment and information!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jen you are too FUNNY! I loved this tutorial and your little "hiss" at the end!

    I have a hot knife and tried at first to cut rubber. It was too difficult so I put it away and forgot about it.

    Now I'm in the process of ez-mounting my rubber (bellas and others) and also un-mounting my wood mounted stamps to free up some much needed space.

    I'm so glad that I checked into your blog today!

    This tutorial was perfect for me.

    So THANK YOU so much for reminding me to get my hot knife out and make this job easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My gosh and I just bought one last month. I love this tutorial. I hated cutting the rubber. I can't wait to do it now :)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was just around looking at blogs tonight and came across yours from a friend on my list. I'm also an Angel!

    Thank you so much for posting this on your blog..I have been debating on weather I want a hot knife and WOW it cuts so close and perfect...so now I gotta have one.

    You are so cute!

    Hugs and Thanks again!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing Jen...
    You made it look easy :)
    I will check them out.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahaha Love the closing ... Looks so fun cutting them rubbers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!