August 5, 2007

Let The Games Begin....Challenge #9....


Hello All....

It's time to get back into the swing of things, eh?! Challenge #9, I couldn't do a sketch for this one on my program, therefore please check out the photo to know what the challenge is.

You are to create a pouch card, with a diagonal cut edge, where a tag will easily go in and hold your card's message, and easily pull out for it's receiver. I used a standard sized card (4-1/4 x 5-1/2), and did a diagonal cut on one of the panels. I also layered white cardstock on the inside panel of the card, and stamped with images. The front panel was run through my CB machine, using "D'Vime Swirls" folder. I used SU!'s Dots n' Paisley set and Pick a Petal set. I then sealed the card using double stick tape on the embossed panel, and simply closed the card to make the pouch. The tag is a the Sizzix Large Scallop die, which I cut a layer of brilliant blue right around it. Ribbon is from Walmart, it's grosgrain red.

This challenge ends on Saturday, August 11, 3 p.m. Hawaii time. Winner will be announced the eve of Saturday. I will be giving away 2 sets of Q&C embellishments for this challenge, along with 6 SU! inspiration sheets.

Create your's, post to the web, and comment here with a link to your photo. If you do not have a blog or gallery, simply email your project to me.

I look forward to seeing everyone's creation!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!

Aloha,
Jen

8 comments:

  1. Ok your on my mission list of things to do this week girlie :-) I so love this card sketch and can't wait to make one ...
    Your so GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha!!!!

    Cool challenge, something a little different!
    Here's mine:
    by Samm: Pieces of me challenge #9

    Samm
    x

    ps I've got a blog candy challenge too, come and join in!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,

    Mine cards here, my tag's a little different :)

    http://mum-on-the-run.blogspot.com/2007/08/jen-sketch-challenge-9.html

    TFL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a challenge. Here is my card. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=633820

    Thanks for the game. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. here is my card..
    http://williams-creations.blogspot.com/2007/08/challenge-9.html

    was a fun card to make...
    ---Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is my submital card for challenge # 9 Jen. Hope I did this right this time. Let me know, OK?
    http://ritaslittlecorner.blogspot.com/

    Thanks...this was fun!

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just added my tag card to my blog great challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen, I finished my tag/pocket card for your challenge. Thanks for the great challenge! My blog site is loading pretty slow today so don't be surprise if it takes a little while to load! Annoying Blogger!!! If it's loading too slow for you, let me know and I'll email the picture!!

    http://stampininspirations.blogspot.com/2007/08/daily-special-anything-but-cards.html

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!