Hello Sunday People....
Yesterday, we headed to Chuck E. Cheeses for my Godson's 3rd birthday. I had a slight headache, and the boys weren't feeling well - so we were sure glad that it lasted only for 1-1/2 hours. With that being said - I totally forgot to bring my camera along, and missed out on some fun pictures. Oh well... no can help.
This card for my lil' Godson name Sage. I made it simple, cause well, he's only 3 years old, and his mom ain't into crafty things. So.... you all know where I'm going with this.... and you all know why I made it simple, right? No need to explain, right? Do you feel the same way too? Ddo you create your heart out on every single card that you make? I gotta hold back on some cards, cause I know they'll either end up in the trash, or under a pile of stuffs that someone won't look at again. Hahaha.... plus, every time I put my heart into something - I'd either want to keep it, or give it to
Card Info: CS & DS paper - SU!, Bear Stamp - Stamp It! (Australia), colored with my water color pencils.
After the party - we headed straight home and then I worked on another simple card. This one is for my friend Kyle. I am meeting up with him, and 3 more of our other friends today for an early lunch. We're gonna be celebrating his birthday along with my girlfriend Tiffany's birthday. The card I made for Tiffany is this one. But this one here is for Kyle. Yea, it's real simple, ain't it?!
Card info: Monkey Stamp - Stampendous, CS - SU!, Scallop Die Cut - Circut, Happy Bday Stamp - I can't remember.
I have 1-1/2 hour more before I need to meet up with my friends. Charlie is taking the boys to the mall to kill time. I have a bunch of projects that I need to work on... so I hope I am going to try and use this time to create.
Hope you're all having a splendid Sunday. If you haven't read my previous post about shutting down my "Angels of Hawaii" site - please do so, so that you are aware of what I'm going to be doing in the next few weeks.
Much hugs n' aloha,
Jen
Aloha Jen!
ReplyDeleteI received my August Aloha rack yesterday! So sweet! The card and goddies made my day! A special Calgary, Candadian was my RAk partner, with a darling Bella for me! I love your simple sweet cards today. Sounds like you are a busy bee! Hugs, Deb
P.S. I am still stumped on ONE word of your scramble! LOL! Oh and I think hubbie is getting you a new car for your BD!
I really like these cards. Very cute and don't really look that simple to me. I kept a lot of cool cards I got as a child/adult but noone ever gave me a home made card. Well I have gotten some made in 5 minutes, some text in colour on white cardstock, by friends who forgot to buy cards. Lol. Hope you have a nice time with your friends!
ReplyDeleteI am stumped on that one word on your scramble too. I was so proud I got the rest since I am complelty new to scrapbooking/card making but I cannot get the last one so its no use..
Know what you mean about the cards! I still have every card my hubby & kids gave us through out the years in a few shoe boxes & its fun to look at every once in awhile. When picking out cards (before making cards)for people I used to spend more on the ones that would appreciate them.
ReplyDeleteHi Jen!
ReplyDeleteI'm starting to be the same way...I look at who will be getting the card and whether or not they REALLY appreciate the time and effort I made to make them a one and only original card....if not...I make 'em simple as I know where they will end up ;)
Hope you all are feeling better today!
Cute cards! Simple cards can be good too.
ReplyDeleteThese cards are great, know what you mean about non crafty people, they don't realize all the time and effort that is put into something homemade, and of coure Love. Hope your headache is gone
ReplyDeletecute cards Jen and simple is good sometimes. :)
ReplyDeleteHey Jen,
ReplyDeleteSo true about where cards end up, but I never think about it until its too late! Arrgh! Hopefully I'll smarten up soon!
Too cute Jen...those cards are awesome even though it may be simple...I know how you feel girl that's why sometimes I rather not make a card at all because you know it will end up in the trash. especially christmas time...I get all sick when that happens. but I guess we can't have everyone liking the same stuff as us! I don't know why but it just is yah!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing!
What do you mean simple -- maybe simply FANTASTIC -- love both of your cards.
ReplyDelete