It's King Kamehameha Day today in the State of Hawaii - State workers are on holiday break. Sorry - I meant to post this yesterday, but it was such a busy day, I just couldn't find the time to sneak over to my computer and post this week's sketch. But here it is:
My Sample:
Info: Size of Card: 4" x 8", All CS are SU!, die cuts were made with my Cricut Machine. I ran out of Pink Passion Cardstock (for the lil' flower punch on the bottom right) - so I simply colored an Ultra White Cardstock with pink passion ink - and punched that out!!
This is a long card (which fits perfectly in a #10 envelope) - but to me, it doesn't matter what size you create, just as long as the sketch layout is pretty much the same! Do what you like, and just have a great time with it. This sketch challenge came at great timing, cause I created this card for a 1st birthday of a lil' girl whose birthday party we attended last night. She's bright n'
bouncy, so I thought the bright colors suited her personality well! Here's a photo of Cy n' Chazz at the party (aren't they so cute?!?!)......back to the card, I also created it in bright colors for another reason.... another Jen (yes, she too is glamourous.... just like me!), and she is having a challenge this week, which is to bus' out and use my **bright** colors. So, I figure - do my sketch challenge, using her color combo challenge - what a wonderful idea huh?!.... together we make 1 big challenge for myself...."Ka-Wa-BuNG-Ga!!!".... and there you have it - my creation.
bouncy, so I thought the bright colors suited her personality well! Here's a photo of Cy n' Chazz at the party (aren't they so cute?!?!)......back to the card, I also created it in bright colors for another reason.... another Jen (yes, she too is glamourous.... just like me!), and she is having a challenge this week, which is to bus' out and use my **bright** colors. So, I figure - do my sketch challenge, using her color combo challenge - what a wonderful idea huh?!.... together we make 1 big challenge for myself...."Ka-Wa-BuNG-Ga!!!".... and there you have it - my creation. For those that decide to play along with my sketch challenge this week, be sure to post a comment here after you post to the web, with a link to it - I will draw a winner randomly using random.org, and the lil' Candi Pieces I'm going to give away is a yard of that Magenta Grosgrain Ribbon you see in the sample photo, as well as the following 3 Stampin' Up! Inspiration Sheets: Pocket Fun; Something To Celebrate; and Wild About You!!! Good Luck n' Have Fun!!!
Toodles!
Jen
Jen
I love this card! The sketch is great! I like the bigger cards once in awhile for a change of pace!!
ReplyDeleteGreat sketch, I will work on it this week. The boys are SOOOOO cute.
ReplyDeleteHey Jen,
ReplyDeleteI'll try the sketch out! Love the colors that you used! Very bright and happy - which I love by the way! I'll try to work on it tonight!!
For some reason I missed this post, don't know why I have your blog on my reader. I can't wait to try this sketch, will send you a link when done. Oh almost forgot, I love the card you did.
ReplyDeleteAwesome sketch...good thing we always have our sunglasses out!
ReplyDeleteI want to try to do this sketch...you are my inspiration!!
Great sketch! Thanks for providing these for us! Here is mine:
ReplyDeletehttp://cakvd2.blogspot.com/2007/06/congrats-card.html
Thanks!
Cheryl KVD
I didn't quite get it right on. Mine is a squished version. (It's not as long.)
ReplyDelete:-)
http://inkcicles.blogspot.com/2007/06/pumpkin.html
Here is mine. I did not do a long one, but it is horizontal. http://creationsbycorie.blogspot.com/2007/06/jens-sketch.html
ReplyDeleteMy card for this sketch, hope I am not too late is on my site at
ReplyDeletewww.flofollies.blogspot.com
Here's my card! I was wondering if I would make it in time:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.stampingspot.com/blog2/2007/06/15/boutique-alphabet-card/
Jen, hope I'm not too late to submit my card for your sketch #2. You can find it at bigideasfromalittlegirl.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHey Jen,
ReplyDeleteSorry this is a bit late but I said I was going to play!! I was a bit busy this week but I had time today to mellow out a bit and make some cards. I made two using your challenge. Here is the link to the cards:
http://stampinupinspirations.blogspot.com/2007/06/jens-sketch-challenge-at-pieces-of-me.html
Thanks for the fun challenge!!
Great sketch Jen!
ReplyDeleteHere's my version:
http://marielovestostamp.blogspot.com/2007/06/taking-on-some-challenges.html