June 19, 2007

Holy Mackerel!!! 8K Hits.... and then some...

ETA: Pic of my Candi Pieces - Scroll Below....


Yep... it's that time again.... Candi Pieces Giveaway cause my hit count is now at 8000!!! (Well, 8498 to be exact!!!!). Thank you all for continously returning, and reading my ramblings and checking out my projects. Plenty Aloha to all of you!!! I'm at my highest count of readers too - can't believe it!!! I'm tickled blue (that's my favorite color).

I'm going to keep this short (yea right, since when do I keep things short).
Here's my pic of stuffs in this basket:


A bunch of 6x6 DS Paper-40 total; 1pack of CD Designed CD Labels-10 inside (my dad donated these); Some Bella stamped images on white circle cardstocks; Bunch of scalloped die cut cardstocks and of course, ribbons - 5 colors, 1 yard each!!!

Here's what you gotta do.... I want to hear about what you eat for breakfast. Is it cereal? Or is it eggs n' rice? Or pancakes? Also, if you gotta have meat with your breakfast. Here in Hawaii - most families gotta have the SPAM. That's OUR meat.... it's a must have for my Charlie. We also like to eat Portuguese Sausages.... yumm-o!! Rice is a staple here too - so we gotta have our steamed rice with every meal. But I don't wanna know about every meal - I wanna know about your breakfast. So share with me what you eat for breakfast, by posting a comment here.
**I like to reply to my visitors that post comments. So if you don't have a blog for me to visit, please leave me your email so I can at least thank you personally for visiting!***

I will draw a name randomly through random.org on Wednesday, June 20th - 6 pm - Hawaii time!



Thanks in advance for letting me get to know a little "piece of you".

Aloha,
**Jen**

67 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 17, 2007

    Congrats on 8000 hits!!! My breakfast is usually coffee and toast or an english muffin with peanut butter on it with a banana. I generally have cereal on the weekends instead of my toast.

    Again congrats and I'm still loving your blog!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 17, 2007

    Wow 8k and going. Congrats! What's for breakfast...lets see... it's COFFEE first!! Later at work I will buy some oatmeal or a muffin. I get up at 4:00 and that is way to early to eat for me. Thanks for chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that's a lot of hits! =) I love the traditional breakfast of eggs, BACON, and hashbrowns. MMmmm. But how often fo I really get to eat it? Not very! I'm lucky if I get a yogurt in me before noon! (boo.) I guess if I ate like that every morning though, it probably wouldn't be too good for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! 8K - that was quick! I usually drink green tea and eat my fave Maui graham crackers with sugar bits sprinkled on top. But if I don't have any, I end up eating toast with strawberry yogurt spread. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, You make me laugh. Congrat on almost 8500 hits. Breakfast...what is that? Now on weekends that is a different story.
    We usually have cinnamon rolls and eggs during the summer.....In winter different story. Once in awhile I will have toast with my cup of tea. Since Hawaii is pretty much hot all year round....I can remember always lighting up the habachi out on the lanai and grilling something. The kids having mango fights. Of course loved the breazes coming in. I am sure everything has changed a lot since I lived there. Hum.....memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on all those hits! My breakfast is usually a cup of tea, two slices of ryebread topped with cheese and lettuce + few slices of cucumber and tomatoes. Or sometimes, especially at wintertime, I have some oatmeal - that's so good for your stomach. Then I often eat a fruit or drink some orange juice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 8k+. My breakfast is usually Diet coke and yogurt, I am usually at work by 6am so I do not eat much. On the weekends my hubby cooks, so we have Blueberry pancakes, eggs, bacon & sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again Jen!! My breakfast is usually a cup of coffee and some Honey Bunches of Oats. But today I have a treat...Pop Tarts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Thanks for more blod candy!!!! During the week, I will eat cereal and then on the weekends, the fam and I will have french toast, eggs, pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an EASY one! Like my Mom, breakfast is always my favorite meal - any time of day. Usually I'm in a rush and just grab some toast, but when I have time, I go for the whole works - eggs, ham, pancakes, hashbrowns, the whole works! (Not Spam tho, I never acquired a taste for that one.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...Congratulations on hitting another biggy!
    My breakfast, almost every day is Cream of Wheat. I love it and I am frutose intolerant, so I can't eat sugar. I love Spam but have to only have it in small portions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat cereal about 95% of the time. The other 5% I eat instant oatmeal or eggs with toast.
    Thanks for the chance to win blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Congrats to you!!!! I am a little assamed to say that I don't eat breakfast. Unless you count tea. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Congrats on your hits! For breakfast I usually have coffee (of course) and yogurt or cereal... or both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on 8,000 already! My friend Jenny just won your 6,000 hit blog candy, so I thought I'd head over and check it out. For breakfast I like to make up a quiche on Sunday to eat on all week (if it lasts that long!). Lots of veggies, cheese and some kind of meat - ham, bacon, sausage. Whatever I have around. Really easy, really quick and it stays with me all the way through until lunch. Sometimes, I omit the crust and just pour the mix into muffin liners - easy to grab as I'm running out the door. Or for lunch. Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our typical breakfast is cereal. For special occasions we will have eggs benedict. On weekends we usually have waffles or pancakes or an omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the hits! My breakfast most days is yogurt with fruit or some cereal and fruit. Once in a while we splurge on the weekends and do bacon and eggs with hashbrowns or pancakes or whatever

    ReplyDelete
  18. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Breakfast around here is simple on weekdays. Cereal, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon toast (made under the broiler, it is so good), just easy stuff. On the weekends, I usually make a bunch of stuff like thick peppered BACON (my favorite), eggs, biscuits, hashbrowns, fruit and sometime the kids want french toast. I seriously love breakfast foods so the weekend breakfasts are what I would rather have 7 days a week.
    I have never tried rice or Spam for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Hi Jen, Congrats on the 8K Hits!
    Let me start by saying that I'm a SAHM to Kelly 3year old now. But breakfast used to be only coffee for me, my husband's work kept him on the road 5-30 days. However, all that has changed and he is home now and with a new job. BREAKFAST is our morning ritual,the way we start our day as a family, with the most important meal of the day. My hubby is a marathoner and I'm a walker and We both like a Large,large breakfast. The feast begins with 6 scrambled eggs,refried beans, garlic toast, jalapenos,a bowl of cereal, bisquits (my hubby luv'em),grits,some fresh fruit and lots of coffee!
    The rest of the day is followed by light snacks and a light dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Hi Jen,
    My breakfast is somewhat boring. I usually have a small cup of chai tea and then a SlimFast chocolate chip muffin bar. Every day! I recently bought a lot of cereal but it's hard for me to break away from my routine! :-)
    And 8,000 HITS! Oh, my. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am Filipino and grew up on SPAM, rice, and fried eggs for breakfast - so I understand the SPAM love! :) But on a regular basis I usually have a scone or a biscuit for breakfast and maybe a banana, all eaten while I am driving to work. My husband is very health-conscious and I think SPAM makes him nervous... but one of these days I will get him to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow congrats! awesome blog! My fave breakfast is what I call breakfast burritos. white flour tortilla with scrambled egg, potato or hash browms, shredded cheese and bacon and a little taco sauce... so yummy!! I could totally go with spam instead. Grew up on the stuff as well, thanks to my spam lovin dad!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not a morning eater, but when I do get hungry about 10 am I have a Slimfast. It works great for my diabetes and watching my weight and works for breakfast since I can't fathom eating food that early in the morning. Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  24. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Congratulations on hitting the 8K mark.....way to go!!
    As for what I have for breakfast...well, it's usually just toast & coffee...sometimes I have fresh cantaloupe...maybe a banana. That's about it...of course, if someone magically appeared to prepare my breakfast, I would love to have something more elaborate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, and congratulations on your climbing number of hits! I love your blog! I find that I have to have protein for breakfast or I get shaky mid morning. I've tried oatmeal, hoping to have a "fat free" breakfast, but it just doesn't work. Living alone, I like to cook once and eat for a long time. I cook up a huge pan of scrambled eggs with onions, green peppers, diced ham, sausage or diced bacon and store it. I then heat just enough to make a breakfast burrito on a tortilla with a sprinkling of cheese and a spoonful of hot salsa. That works for me! :)

    Karen
    karen_l@bresnan.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a cereal eater for sure. I'd eat almost anything for breakfast though...hot oatmeal with brown sugar and milk, white rice with sugar and milk, cream of wheat, cold cereal, even leftover pizza or lasagna...but if my breakfast were prepared for me everyday, I'd have to opt for biscuits, gravy, and eggs...all mushed together.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's an easy one. Most days it is cereal or oatmeal. Splurge on the weekends with eggs or pancakes or both. Congratulations on hitting 8,000 I figure to hit that number myself by next year

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the hits! It depends on what I have for breakfast. My son is now old enough to eat "human" food. (lol) So some days I have an egg sandwich (Like this morning) and sometimes I have french toast, pancakes, or sometimes nothing. When I give my son cereal for breakfast I usually eat nothing. And I gotta have my coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woo hoo - 8K! My breakfast usually consists of a very healthy (not) pop-tart and a big glass of milk. If I have more time, I like to have yogurt with apple, raisins, and granola. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Way to go! 8000+!!! And I'm a bad girl - I don't usually eat breakfast. If I do, I want a full eggs and bacon breakfast which then leads to a seriuos nap!! (that's why I can't eat during the week, not allowed to nap at work!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. For breakfast, I have peanut butter on toast with juice and about 10 pills (for my crohn's disease). Shortly after breakfast, it is time for my daily Mountain Dew!
    Cheryl KVD

    ReplyDelete
  32. Breakfast, it's either half a bagel with butter and jam, or a cottage cheese doubles. Pretty predictable during the week. Weekend however are up in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My breakfast is usually a glass of orange juice, a glass of milk and either a bagel or an English muffin. Congratulations on 8000 visits to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. WTG on your hits. I hate to admit this but my breakfast usually consists of coffee and orange juice. I'm just not in the mood to eat until 10:30 or 11:00 then it is too close to lunch. That is something I need to work on though.
    Have a great one!
    Tammy W

    ReplyDelete
  35. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    If I have time for breakfast...I love to have a big breakfast with eggs, toast, grits, sausage...most of the time I just grab a bowl of brown sugar oatmeal or a bagel and cream cheese.

    Congrats on all of the traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  36. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Hey...congratulations on 8K!!!

    My breakfast is either scrampled eggs. or mushroom omlette, or cereal with yogurt and berries. And coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats on 8K hits! I like protein with my breakfast because I don't get as hungry mid-morning. I really like ham and cheese Hot Pockets when I am in a rush and omlettes when I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  38. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Wow sister...so much portagee'n keepin' you popular!!! Love it! Okay...my breakfast usually consists of coffee and something like...the other half of my daughter's musubi because she only like the spam! Or sometimes I splurge and get a BLT sandwich from CG's in downtown Honolulu. That is the latest anywayz.

    Jus' Mo

    ReplyDelete
  39. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Congrats on all the hits!! I just absolutely LOVE breakfast...can't start my day without it! I always have (healthy) cereal, such as shredded wheat, with some kind of seasonal fruit on top...blueberries, strawberries, or peaches! When I want to go all out, I'll cook oatmeal or Red River 7 grain cereal, or bake some fresh muffins.
    Love your blog!
    Brenda H.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats on your 8,000 hits! My breakfast always consists of COFFEE! I'm a real early morning riser and have to have my coffee just to function. Since 4:30 - 5 a.m. is my wakeup time, coffee is all I can stomach at that hour. Usually around 9 or 10 a.m., I'll have toast.

    ReplyDelete
  41. congratulations for reaching 8k! my breakfast is usually a bagel and cream cheese and a chocolate silk. (soymilk) or ... oatmeal and chocolate silk. gotta have my silk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Congrats! Congrats! My fave crazy lady blogger bud! Well, we are a HUGE cereal house. I love it, in fact so much that we have it for dinner a lot too. DH works swing shift, so our big meal is usually breakfast so I can fudge sometimes on dinner. When we aren't having cereal, I am often whipping up smoothies! I'm not a huge fruit eater, and neither are the boys, but they DOWN their fresh smoothies! Love the traditional - and cinnamon rolls too...just LOVE LOVE LOVE breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  43. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    I usually start my day with a bowl of bran flakes with raisins and skim milk or a couple egg whites and a little cheese whiz on half an english muffin....then add the coffee! Congrats on reaching 8K!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats on the 8000 hits! woo hoo
    What I have for breakfast is coffee....I know bad habit...but I make sure the kids eat right..they have a bowl of cereal on weekdays and on the weekends either my husband or I will cook a traditional breakfast bacon,eggs,waffles or pancakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats at hitting 8000! Wow! Breakfast is my favorite meal. I love pancakes, waffles, french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, donuts, and muffins, but I rarely have those things for breakfast. Most days I have cereal - Kelloggs Frosted Mini Wheats!

    ReplyDelete
  46. AnonymousJune 18, 2007

    Went camping & fishing with my adult son & daughter (& a couple of great-grandkids) last week & son fixed steak & roasted potatoes on the grill for dinner - next morning we had steak, fried potatoes & eggs for breakfast! Thank goodness I don't eat like that everyday, but it was great at the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. A bagel and maybe a piece of fruit...boring, huh? Oh, coffee or a latte most mornings...the bagel is only on special occassions like weekends! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Jen,
    I'm not much of a breakfast eater. On work days I may stop for a muffin. On weekends I often skip breakfast altogether. I do love bacon and eggs, though!
    Heather L.

    ReplyDelete
  49. OMG sister!! 8K and going! You're gonna hit the 10K mark in a week! At least you're moving the merchandise (haha!, just kidding!) Breakfast starts out with my starbucks mocha and then a slice of sweetbread toast or spam musubi if I'm ambitious to make it at 3 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I never eat breakfast-ever. The thought of eating anything before noon make me ill.Since I am a vegetarian, I dont eat SPam but have had vegetarian spam which is called wham (no Georgle Micheal sorry) I do eat oatmeal for dinner a lot as I am home alone often and want something quick. I drink water or green tea all day and eat when I feel I need to-and sometimes even forget to and then it bothers me more (I have an ulcer) so my breakfast is probably your lunch or dinner time

    ReplyDelete
  51. It's coffee first before anything. Later in the morning a bowl of cereal is my choice with some kind of fruit added (banana or strawberries). Thanks for sharing.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  52. My breakfast is pretty boring...since I have one of two things every morning:
    1. Thomas Onion Bagel with Light Veggie Cream Cheese
    OR
    2. Cheerios, Skim Milk, and strawberries

    I LOVE reading your blog and seeing all of your creations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Well, I most usually eat cereal. If I am on a fiber kick, I eat Fiber one cereal. On weekends my DH loves eggs and bacon or sausage so we splurge then and whe we are camping we have a huge breakfast with eggs, bacon, pancakes, and must not forget the coffee. Hope your little boy is feeling better. Thanks for the "ono" candy!!!
    Yum.
    Congrats on the hits. You are a winner.
    Cheryl Sims

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Jen,

    First off...I love your blog! What do we eat for breakfast? It really depends...most often it is toast or cereal though.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Congratulations girlfriend on your 8000+ hits. You're working your way up there!! Whoohoo! It's no surprise! Your blog site is great!

    Now on to the breakfast. . .well, we eat breakfast mainly only on weekends when the kids are home in the mornings. We eat scrambled eggs mixed with spam, onion, tomato and salsa and rice (duh). We also eat corn beef with onion, potato, and cabbage with rice (of course), sometimes waffles, sometimes pancakes, sometimes sausage and sometimes mixed fruits. We sort of eat the same type of breakfast every weekend.

    I know. . .it sounds like we eat a lot of food and yeah, I guess we do. It's the local mentality.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  56. Girlfriend:
    You are such a superstar! I seem to see your name *POP*ing up everywhere! Beate's blog..Michelle's blog! WOWZA chicky!I LOVE BREAKFAST! As for what we eat..depends..i love captain crunch..but you can't eat them right away..you gotta let it get a bit soggy and then you can eat it..or else it tears up the roof of your mouth..but if we are up for going out..I LOVE EGGS...basically some type of meat and eggs...Steak..pork chops..SPAM! There has to be meat! Anyway..you know already that I love you blog!
    Congrats Girlie
    xoxo
    ronee

    ReplyDelete
  57. Congratulations on 8000 hits that is awesome. I really love hearing all about Hawaii!! We visited 2 years ago and I thought it was beautiful. As for breakfast it is eggs and bacon, but my kids will only eat cheerios with bannans.

    Your blog is so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wooo yeah 8000! Congrats! My breakfast is usually coffee, raisin bran, and skim milk. Gotta have that fiber and calcium, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  59. AnonymousJune 19, 2007

    So sorry to hear about your little one. That pool thing sounds totally disgusting!

    My favorite breakfast is a toasted multi-grain bagel, slather with cream cheese, and topped with sliced strawberries...YUM-O!!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Congratulations on all the hits! I have to have COFFEE! Usually I have an egg or a bagel, too.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Yea for YOU! Big Alaskan smiles coming your way!!!

    My breakfast fav is PBJ. It's best with Mom's homemade cranberry orange marmalade.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  62. I never eat breakfast, does Starbucks count? When I was pregnant I tried really hard and it was mostly just a granola bar. Very boring...

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hi Jen! For breakfast I usually have 1 cup of tea, a bowl of sour milk (yes, it's Swedish), jam and muesli. And then a sandwich with cheese to go with it! The sour milk is comparable to yoghurt, so it's not as disgusting as it may sound, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  64. AnonymousJune 20, 2007

    Wow 8000 hits!! You go girl!

    OK, every morn, you can usually find me chowing down on oatmeal with raisin toast. So, good and so filling!

    sylviaspates@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Congratulations on your 8K! Gotta say, I just love reading your comments...brings a smile to my face at the office. Okay, so my workday breakfast consists of 2 cups of coffee, one string cheese and crackers. Obviously, it doesn't sound like a "local" breakfast but Sundays it's rice, spam/portagee sausage and eggs for our family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hope your 'lil one is doing better today.

    One of my favorite breakfasts is the pancakes that my brother cooks. He adds everything but the kitchen sink (oats, nuts, fruit, berries, etc, etc). He cooks bananas to go on top.
    They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Congrats on so very many hits!

    Well, for breakfast during the week before work, I usually have my vitamins with coffee (iced in the summer) and sometimes a yogurt or a stella dora breakfast cookie or angel food cake, but basically something very light since I have very little time.

    Then on the weekends is when I make the big breafast eggs, fried potatoes, bacon/sausage, toast, pancakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank U so much for leaving me a comment, it blesses me!!