
Oh sistahs... yesterday was CRAY-Zeeeee.... it started off nice n' pleasant, we had the day planned to go an pick up Gramma n' Grampa and then go over to Granny's house (Cy's Great Grama). So that we did... we went and got Gramma n' Grampa, went to the bank (photo of him swinging on the pole outside the bank), was driving on the road behind Angie (but didn't know it til' she posted on my Facebook....lol!!!), and then off to Granny's. Granny is 92 years old... and Cy is kinda scared of her, well, probably not her herself, but her looks. White hair, sagging skin, no teeth when she smiles... hahaa, but she's got a funny laugh and loves her lil' Cy-Cy to BITS. It's too bad that he hides his face when

we're there (see photo of him here covering his ears n' trying to keep his eyes closed?...lol!! that was taken while visiting Granny). But I think after a few visits he'll get used to seeing her. After Granny's visit, we headed to pick up Chinese food, took the food home to my mom's and ate there. After lunch, Cy wanted to go downstairs and play with CY4's glass chess board game. We played 2 games... and then he decided it was time to put them away. The glass board was cracked at the edge, and when he lifted the board, the glass cut into his right thumb, causing blood to come gushing out. "Blood!!! Blood!!!", I heard him scream.... immediately, I rushed over to him, grabbed his hand and applied pressure to his wound... lifted hi arm so that it was above his heart, and carried him to the bathroom. I grabbed some tissue paper to stop the bleeding, and when I went to take a look at his cut, blood came gushing out AGAIN!!!! I decided that this wound would not heal just with bandaid... it was an ER

situation. Oh My!!!! I called my girlfriend Lori, as it was already 2:15 pm, nearing the end of school for CY4, so I asked her if she could get the kids from school for me. Then off to the hospital were we.... my mom came with me, because I asked her to apply pressure to Cy's wound, and hold it up during the ride over to the hospital. Was I calm? I was in a stable condition. Staying calm kept him calm, and believe it or not, it kept me calm. Upon reaching ER, they took us in immediately, added topical solution to numb his thumb. After the numbing took place, they put a needle into his thumb to numb it even further!! You can imagine the pain he was already going through... but he perservered, and I kept reassuring him that I was there for him, and that he was so brave!!! Once his thumb was put at ease, the stitches went in.... 2 lil'

stitches... and then it was all over. He was still sad after the whole thing was done, but before we went to get CY4, we stopped off at Leonard's to get Cy some Malasadas. This really made him smile.
Today, I took him to see his pediatrician, it was originally an appointment to see if his TB test was positive or negative (he had his physical shots 2 days ago), and funny that we were now going there also for another reason. His doctor took off the bandages, and cleaned the wound out. But all in all, he's doing great.
Thank you to all of my
Facebook sistahs that have left me sweet messages and concerns about Cy n' I. Cy is doing fine, and is being such a strong lil' fella. I am A-Ok, and loved being brave for him. There's no where else I'd rather be... KWIM?!!?!
Big Hugs,
Jen
Awe, how brave is this little guy hah?! Moma was braave too!!! Sorry to hear about your ER visit but so happy it was not more serious but Malasadas, yummy kinda worth it no? Kiss Cy for me & tell him he was so brave! Now give him some ice cream too mama!!!
ReplyDeleteHo Girl! Usually I just read your dailies and get my daily laughs or lessons but today....man! I'm exhausted after reading about yesterday's adventures. Just had to make a comment. Glad it's you, especially since you're still young...'cause if I'm all tired out just reading. you can guess that I'm a little bit older and cannot handle that kine of running around already. Glad that's all's normal today???
ReplyDeleteMarilynY (long time no hear, yah?)
Wow! What a day! Well, I'm glad you all got through it and the Cy was brave. Next time I see you driving behind me, I'll stop and say Hi! Then again, we're leaving on Monday so that may not happen,but you never know.
ReplyDeletepoor baby...amazing at what something so small can make such big injuries! glad to hear he's doing better...I better start doing something on my blog yah... before it tells me that I'm not allowed because of "no action" HA! have a good day!
ReplyDeletePoor thing. Glad all is well & that you were CALM??!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about Cy's cut
ReplyDeletethumb. Scarey thing for a little guy. Hope he is feeling much better.
Take Care...
I'm sorry that Cy had to go to the ER. I'm a nurse and I actually get sick and feel faint when I see a lot of blood associated with a lot of pain. . .LOL! Blood by it self, I'm okay with . . .but blood with crying and screaming makes me feel nauseous. Seriously!! So I can imagine how shocking it must have been for poor Cy. Poor you, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the dilemma is over with and he is all better now!!
Maria
I'm so sorry to hear about lil' Cy's accident Jen. Thank God your quick and calm reactions kept him calm. From the pictures he looks so little and brave. *smile* Hang in there Cy and I'm glad to hear that you are recovering!
ReplyDeletehugs
Risa:)
What a brave boy! So sorry he was hurt, but you're lucky it wasn't worse. Smart of you to think of holding it above his heart. I don't know if I would have remembered that.
ReplyDeleteSurprisingly, with 3 boys, we've never had a bad emergency like that with blood and everything - knock wood. The worst we've had is when Blake broke his arm last year, but even that wasn't all that traumatic. It hurt, but he wasn't in a whole lotta pain.
Thanks for posting the whole story. Glad that Cy is doing well and you too! So hard to stay calm when your baby has a bleeding ow wee! hugs!
ReplyDeleteYipes! I'm glad that Cy is better...blood is never good.
ReplyDeleteoh, he's so brave! He did such a great job! =) Cute little puppy dog eyes.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jodi =)
o, my what an adventure for the little one.
ReplyDeleteI know how you as a mother must have felt.
Years ago my youngestone was out riding a bike and fell on her face on her glasses, 2 big cuts in the face above and beneath her eye,
instead of stitches they glue-ed it, what was great.
but boy as a mum you keep calm but inside you don't feel calm.
Give the little one a big big hug, I think he was a great brave boy.
Hug Linda
Wow, what a crazy day! So glad Cy is okay though. Poor thing! What a cute story about Granny too. I'm sure they will be bonding in no time! I will look you up on Facebook too. Girl, you are everywhere?! :-)
ReplyDeleteAww poor baby, glad to hear that he's doing better, nothing worse then seeing your baby in any kind of pain.
ReplyDeleteAloha,
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwwwwh, poor little guy and poor mamma, hope he feels better real soon and you too!
Hugs,
Gina
Glad he is ok now
ReplyDeletePoor little fellow! ....I bet your heart was racing....Glad to hear you are both doing good....life is such a ride...Hugs!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Cy is doing well ... main thing you and he stayed calm, and through this ordeal we got a short story out of this. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAw glad he is on the mend Jen, hope you have a less hectic day!!
ReplyDeleteawww, what a sad lil face! He's a brave lil boy with a cool mom!
ReplyDeleteHope he gets better real soon :)
xoxo
OH my -- he is such a brave little guy.
ReplyDelete